PDA

View Full Version : High fin goby question

langley reefer
07-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Hi all, I have a high fin goby that has been paired with a candy cane pistol shrimp. They have been inseparable for about two months, never strayed far from the den. Today my high fin has spent all day out front far away from the den. Has anyone seen this before? Is my pistol shrimp dead?

kengeroo
07-05-2016, 12:03 AM
lovers quarrel.. :)
ha ha

if the shrimp is dead you shouldn't hear it's clicks,,,
don't know about yours but I don't go through the day without hearing him click a few times..

Hi all, I have a high fin goby that has been paired with a candy cane pistol shrimp. They have been inseparable for about two months, never strayed far from the den. Today my high fin has spent all day out front far away from the den. Has anyone seen this before? Is my pistol shrimp dead?

langley reefer
07-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Lol thanks the reply kengerooo....
It appears this lovers quarrel has ended in divorce. Shrimp was seen alive at the entrance to the old den. The goby has tanken up residence at a new place on the other side of the tank. It sucks, the shrimp was bought specifically to pair with the goby. Does anyone have experience with paired shrimps and gobies "unpairing"? Is there a chance they could pair up again later?