PDA

View Full Version : Anybody do this before?

DJ88
08-14-2001, 03:05 AM
Here is the question.

Until I get to Van and set up a proper RO resevoir for the tanks, what I want to do in the mean time is run my kalk stirrer in a loop within my tank. Having the minijet pump water from the sump into the stirrer and then have it dripped in a different part of the sump. Curious about it. Anyone ever done that? Any ideas about possible problems? Suggestions?

Once I can rig an effective dosing system using float switches within the system, this is how I want to add a bit o' kalk to make the mornin' great.. lol

SuperFudge
08-14-2001, 07:24 AM
Hey Darren,

Must be too early in the morning for me,I cant figure out what you mean.

How did you have it before?

Marc.

titus
08-14-2001, 08:58 AM
Hello Darren,

Interesting. I wonder how you would add the kalk to the stirrer, manually or automatically.

Titus

DJ88
08-14-2001, 01:59 PM
MArc,

Instead of having the water taken fom a storage resevoir I am doing the same thing that my CA reactor does and takes water from the sump to use in the Kalk Stirrer.

once I get to Van I will get a good storage container to keep topped off with water for top off and dosing. but for now I am curious. and lazy. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Titus,

I add the Kalk manually. The stirrer is clear on the bottom so I can keep an eye on the level of Kalk inside and replenish as needed. When I had this running on my 90 I added Kalk once a month or so. I am just too lazy to mix it nightly..

LOL! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif