PDA

View Full Version : Itty bitty frags

AndyL
11-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey folks,

My 2.5g is getting resetup (Damn the hotel rules - doing it anyway) So in about a month I'm going to be looking for some frags - just curious, do any of the edmonton shops have SMALL frags? I saw a few smallish frags at aquarium illusions yesterday, but they didn't have much, everything else seemed WAY too big to even fit in the tank.

Alternatively - anyone willing to create some small frags for me (Of course $ / :drinking: can be arranged)? I was mainly looking for some zoos (not brown ones - reds, greens, blues, purples, pinks), bright shrooms, ric's, yellow polyps. And anything else colorful that would survive in the 2.5 (2x 30 50/50pc's, moderate flow)

Andy

Bob I
11-07-2004, 09:48 PM
I don't want to rain on your parade, but most mushrooms will overgrow your tank quickly. Ricordia is better, but they also get large. Slow growing zoos are good, but many grow much too fast. It is too bad I am in Calgary, as I have about four frags that would be great for you.
Al Baldwin (sleeman) is in Calgary right now, and is going back to Edmonton Wednesday or Thursday. We may be able to arrabge something with him.

AndyL
11-07-2004, 10:47 PM
I don't want to rain on your parade, but most mushrooms will overgrow your tank quickly. Ricordia is better, but they also get large. Slow growing zoos are good, but many grow much too fast. It is too bad I am in Calgary, as I have about four frags that would be great for you.
Al Baldwin (sleeman) is in Calgary right now, and is going back to Edmonton Wednesday or Thursday. We may be able to arrange something with him.

Yep, I know... 2.5's are all about maintenance - including trimming/fragging regularly. But done right, shrooms can be done.

Wednesday or thursdays a bit soon for me, unfortunately my rock is in blkwolfe's tank which had a whole lotta LR dumped in from his trip to J&L - thus I'm expecting 3-4 weeks will be needed to recycle the tank.

Andy

Bob I
11-07-2004, 11:00 PM
I might come up to Beverley's open house on November 28th, but can't guarantee that.