PDA

View Full Version : My list of demands... :)

Xtasia
11-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Hi there, I live in Burnaby, BC and I'm looking to acquire the following...

Maxima Clams
Mushrooms/Ricordia
Pink, Green or Blue Zoanthids.
FrogSpawn
A Captive Bred Anemone: RBTA Preferred
Abalone

I have a fairly large chunk of rock with Zoanthid/Sun polyps/ Green Star Polyps, that I'm considering selling/trading... as well as some Xenia...

I'd like to do the trade local, thanks :D

Corey
11-06-2004, 10:22 PM
you show me a reefer without any xenia, and ill show you....... cant think of an ending :lol: youve got a pm

EmilyB
11-07-2004, 02:17 AM
you show me a reefer without any xenia, and ill show you.......

a reef with butterfly fish :mrgreen:

Corey
11-07-2004, 05:16 AM
:silly:

Xtasia
11-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Evidently some people didn't have it.. else I wouldn't have been able to trade away 5 frags...

really don't have to be so snotty about my "common" shit... sorry my crap isn't as worth the post...

psuedo
11-07-2004, 02:40 PM
They are all just joking around. It is not worth getting bent all out of shape for. All you need to do is reply to the post letting people know that you are serious about the post.

Corey
11-07-2004, 06:02 PM
hey man no disrespect intended. just a harmless joke.

EmilyB
11-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Ditto. Ask Brad to delete the irrelevant posts. We were just horsing around, but now your thread IS kinda mucked up.

BTW, I love xenia. :mrgreen:

muck
11-07-2004, 07:34 PM
We were just horsing around, but now your thread IS kinda mucked up.
Hey leave me out of this... :razz:

Bob I
11-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Sometimes a little horsing around is a good thing. It keeps people from taking themselves too seriously. :biggrin:

LostMind
11-07-2004, 10:20 PM
You know, ocean aquatics has some really nice frogspawn. And Neither Jack or Wendell smell bad :)

LostMind
11-07-2004, 10:21 PM
http://oceanaquatics.com/index.php?cat_id=191&catname='Frags%20Available'

Quinn
11-07-2004, 10:21 PM
:rolleyes:

danny zubot
11-08-2004, 03:53 AM
Since these Xenia corals are so common maybe someone in Calgary would like to give me a frag. :razz:

Cap'n
11-08-2004, 06:40 AM
My thoughts exactly!

I'll take it one step farther and get fussy - I want the pulsing variety.

Bob I
11-08-2004, 03:28 PM
At one time Tony had a tank that was totally polluted with the stuff. He travelled across the city to give me some when I first set up. Maybe there is still some hanging around somewhere. Most people are happy to get rid of it. :eek:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Xtasia,

Got a red mushroom rock with 7 shrooms and 1 neon green BTA clone, if you're interested. Also, candycanes and some assorted shrooms.

Chin_Lee
11-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Horsing around is fine. But when the unintended target of the horsing around has obviously expressed their disappreciation, it should be a good indication to certain individuals to cease their activities REGARDLESS whether they feel justified or not. If the item being offered for trade is less than desirable (in your opinion), then move on to the next tread because at that point, there is nothing to post. My understanding is that this is a Buy/Sell/Trade forum and it does not advocate opinions of the items being bought, sold or traded. Your experiences with certain species of livestock can be expressed in the appropriate forum and frankly, I'm not 100% sure which forum is the most appropriate. However I am 100% sure that this is not the forum. There are a lot of new members starting out and may not be as "advanced" as others and they do appreciate the livestock being offered for trade. Perhaps it is best to speak for yourself in a different forum and at your own leisure, not on someone else's tread and at their expense.

One would expect that common courtesy would have stopped certain individuals from continuing to justify why they do not appreciate the specific livestock being traded, but failing that, one would expect that perhaps common sense would prevail. :confused: Most people apologized and then moved on ...... which is a good thing. But all should have just apologized and then moved on....... which is the right thing.

Xtasia - good luck with your demands. It looks like there are people who do like Xenias. And like I had PMed, the ones I got from you at the meet have all attached to the rock and they are all looking great. Thanks again.

Murminator
11-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Well said

Xtasia
11-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the support Chin, I'm really glad the Xenia worked out for you :). It was one of my first trades, and a bit hard as they were my first babies to leave the nest, so to speak...

Seahorse, I've PMed you. Thanks.

It is extremely disheartening as a new person in this hobby to have not just one, but a few people post to your thread to basically say what little you have to offer is common and undesirable. So undesirable in fact, that people offer to give it away for free. It just made me want to crawl under a rock and avoid the entire 'reefing community'.

Remember.. one day one of us noobies will have something you'll want a frag of... Please don't ridicule us...

oh yeah, apologies accepted :P

Thanks.

Cap'n
11-09-2004, 02:40 AM
Hey, I'm with you Xtasia, I would love to get some of the stuff, and I don't mean only if it was free. Didn't mean to make it look like that's the only way I would take it.

I am also quite new to the coral thing and have been amazed on a consistent basis with the beautiful stuff more experienced, possibly jaded, reefers will part with. That's cool though, it's a great system for learning and growing in the hobby and within the community.

Quinn
11-09-2004, 05:14 AM
When I was trying to get rid of brown M. digitata frags I took some serious ribbing. It's not that big of a deal.

Corey
11-09-2004, 06:17 AM
no disrespect intended, but my god! it was not meant to be disheartening in any way, it was a joke as to how common ( meaning lots of )( NOT IN A BAD WAY) the coral is, I happen to love xenia.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Xenia was my first coral. Still my favourite coral. :biggrin: See ya.