PDA

View Full Version : Moving time!! Anyone with some free time?

chefpaakk
06-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am posed with the daunting task of moving my aquarium in the next 2-3 weeks. One that note I am thinking a little help with the move would be super awesome!

I know I don't want to trust the moving of the tank to the movers and would much more prefer having people who actually care about aquariums to help me move it. Someone with a truck would be awesome, however I have no problem renting a U-Haul.

About my tank, Its not huge at 93gal, but can definitely be awkward to move.

I have a good amount of sps and lps, most of which is adhered to live rock so anyone with spare buckets to lend or give away it'd be awesome and greatly appreciated.

The move with be from New Westminster to Vancouver near the PNE so it isn't a crazy one. If anyone is interested or has some buckets or even tips, please leave a reply or drop me a pm.

Thanks in advance everyone!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-03-2016, 06:00 PM
I have barrels and buckets you can use for the move. I wrecked my knee (in part with the last tank move I helped with last month) so I won't be able to help carry the tank. Torn cartilage and ACL = NO heavy lifting.

Anthony

brisco
06-03-2016, 09:17 PM
what day?

chefpaakk
06-07-2016, 05:45 AM
Thank you Anthony, I appreciate that!

As for the day? Either the 17th, 18th, or 19th. I am off all these days, plus many after that.

I am looking for creative ways to protect the tank in transport as well. I'd hate for it to get chipped or even worse, broken..

brisco
06-08-2016, 03:28 AM
sorry, I work the weekends F,S,S,M. If something else opens up for you, shoot me a PM, I have a truck and an empty 50 gal tank that may prove handy.

chefpaakk
06-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Thanks Brisco, I may actually hit you up to borrow that tank if that's OK?

I think I am need of some spare heaters as well if anyone has any extra ones I can borrow for a few days??

Lastly, I am going to have to plumb my Rodi unit u Der my bathroom sink at the new house.. I have no idea how to to do this. Anyone willing to do a lesson sometime soon?

chefpaakk
06-14-2016, 02:33 PM
Fyi, I am planning on hosting a bbq with some drinks for whomever helps out with this move in any way!

duncangweller
06-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Puttin your rodi under your sink is really easy to do. You will need to drill a hole in your drain to put the waste line in but otherwise it's very straightforward. I think BRS even has a video on how to do it.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-14-2016, 09:24 PM
I have a barrel, buckets, hoses, heaters and a really good UK-made hand-trolley that works great for going up stairs or bumps. Ready for pick up when you are.

Now I have two sick girls at home (:sad:first Felicia and now Isabella have a terrible stomach flu) so stuck at home playing Nurse Daddy or is that Daddy Nurse.

brisco
06-15-2016, 01:49 PM
I bet you are a good nurse...I have seen you aquariums and they look happy and healthy!

tang daddy
06-15-2016, 04:14 PM
You can buy a ice maker kit which will give you a clamp with self tapping needle and lots of extra hose that you will need to extend the rodi to your tank also pick up connectors and shut off valves from Home Depot.

chefpaakk
06-16-2016, 04:44 AM
Awesome, thanks for the advice! I have to rodi figured out.

Now I just need heaters to borrow if anyone has any?

Anthony, I'll totally hit you up for some buckets tomorrow night if you are available.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-16-2016, 04:49 AM
I have heaters too. Tomorrow night should be fine. Girls are slowly recovering from the stomach flu. Felicia is almost better and Bella at least stopped puking.