PDA

View Full Version : How many tangs?

hockey nut
11-05-2004, 07:55 AM
OK , any tang experts out there? :biggrin:

How many tangs would be acceptable for a 120 gal tank?

I like the Orange shoulders. Kole tangs. Redsea sailfin. Regal, scopas or yellow. powder blue and white cheak...

I only want a total of two tangs if possible. I.E. Orange shoulder and kole tang .

Any addvice is helpful. :smile:

Aquattro
11-05-2004, 08:05 AM
I think you'd be fine with those two, make sure you have more swimming room than rock in the tank and they'll be fine.

Ken
11-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Hi, They love lots of current flow. Regards Ken

AJ_77
11-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Yep, tons of highly-oxygenated flow is good...

hockey nut
11-06-2004, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the tips :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-06-2004, 07:36 AM
Generally, two tangs that look totally different will be okay, as long as one isn't a sohal or clown tang & occupy different niches. The kole is a bristle tooth so it'll spend most of its time scraping algae off your LR & glass, while the orange shoulder is an Acanthurus so it'll need room to zip around. :angel: The kole may be intimidated by the orange's fast swimming actions but they should become friends eventually :biggrin: I've got four tangs. Love 'em.

chwkreefer
11-06-2004, 07:53 AM
OK , any tang experts out there? :biggrin:

I only want a total of two tangs if possible. I.E. Orange shoulder and kole tang .

Any addvice is helpful. :smile:

I have a 150 gallon tank with a number of different tangs. I do have the Orange Shoulder and the Kole. You shouldn't have any problem housing those two together. The Orange Shoulder tends to have a very nice temperment for a larger fish. I really enjoy mine. The Kole should be too busy grazing to get into too much trouble.

DiscusZ
11-06-2004, 02:19 PM
In my 77g tank I have a brown sailfin tang aka Scopas Tang and a and a Large Regal tang. These 2 fish are often seen swimming together. Never had a problom I added the regal tang later as I got it from someone who was moving out of the country.

Jim