PDA

View Full Version : Jecod CP-40 Cross Flow (knockoff of MaxSpect Gyre)

trilinearmipmap
05-12-2016, 12:46 AM
I ordered Jecod CP-40 3 days ago from Fish Street and it arrived today.

The CP-40 is for my 120 (48" x 24" x 24"). It replaces two Tunze 6105's controlled by an Apex, and one Jebao WP-40. I was mostly happy with these 3 powerheads, except they are bulky and unsightly in the tank, and there is too much flow right in front of the powerheads which has damaged corals.

The CP-40 has been running now for an hour. I have it installed horizontally on the top right of the tank, a few inches down from the water surface. It is currently set on steady mode (no wave or oscillation) and maximum intensity. It gives a good gyre flow all the way to the other end of the tank. There looks to be a dead spot between the two overflows as expected.

This pump does not make any noise at all. I can see it vibrating slightly up and down at a frequency of about 15 hertz so this tells me something could wear out sooner or later. It is definitely an aesthetic improvement over the 3 powerheads.

One worry is that as the sole pump in the tank, if it stops when I am away for a few days, all my corals die. With 3 powerheads one can go and everything will be fine. I will probably mount an extra powerhead for this reason, at least when I am out of town.

Here are a couple of vids before and after swapping out the powerheads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yS9i2M_Fns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pahGN12CjIE

shiftline
05-22-2016, 05:14 PM
How are you liking the pump? I ordered one last night and am curious to see how it compares to my mp40's

trilinearmipmap
05-24-2016, 06:08 AM
How are you liking the pump? I ordered one last night and am curious to see how it compares to my mp40's

Very happy with it and about to order my second one.

shiftline
05-24-2016, 06:59 AM
Excellent. I'm hoping the one will compliment my 2x mp40's. (Peninsula with all pumps on one wall)

What make so you tend to use yours on?

moosehead
07-20-2016, 12:06 AM
Any reviews on this product I may buy one

tang daddy
07-28-2016, 05:27 PM
I am using one aswell, set up a new tank a 90 cube and was looking at options on wave devices, 2 mp40 used would cost $400ish so I opted for this and very happy about it. Ordering another one to keep for back up in awhile maybe wait for second Gen?? Anyhow it does make abit of noise but not as much as an mp40 or 2 for that matter so I am happy, and also taking up a very skinny foot print it is awesome and blends in under my ghost overflow box!

For the price of $170 new I'd say do it.

Coasting
08-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Any update from those using this pump?
I wouldn't mind something a bit more slim with a wider flow area for the back of the tank.
For $130 for a CP-40 I'm definitely up for giving 1 a go.
All my other Jebao stuff seems to be doing awesome.

How much flow is this thing putting out at its lowest speed?

moosehead
08-26-2016, 09:17 PM
Wondering if anyone has heard anything on the upgrade and we're the best place to purchase it is

tang daddy
08-26-2016, 09:45 PM
I got mine from eBay shipped it to Point Roberts and drove it over as its not that far from my house. I have had it running for about a month on my tank and so far so good, it pushes a great deal of water. It's the only powerhead in my 90g cube although my tank is not long so I don't know how it would do on a 6' tank. So far I am happy with the purchase but time will tell how long it will last. I may pick up another one but will wait abit to see if a version 2 comes out.

Coasting
08-26-2016, 11:58 PM
I've never had large amounts of flow in any of my tanks, I always worry about having TOO much. So I'm on he fence on if I want to focus on the 40 or the 25. As long as the 40 can be slowed a reasonable amount then I might as well go for that. But there are times my RW8 looks like too much, I never have that thing more then halfway speed.

I found the CPs on Aliexpress. All in with shipping I found $130 for a 25, and $150 for a 40. CAD, shipped to my door in Canada. Haven't checked out Ebay for a cheaper price yet, I've just always had great luck with aliexpress. Pretty sure its mostly all the same sellers on both sites anyway.
Could potentially get it to work out a bit cheaper if people wanted to order together.

Ryancw
08-27-2016, 01:18 AM
I love my cp40 other than the fact I can't seem to get rid of the microbubbles. I have searched and searched and found no solution.... does anyone else have this problem? It's 4-5" beneath the surface of the water so i know it isnt pulling from the surface and when I kill that and only have my other pump running the microbubbles are non existant :neutral:

tang daddy
08-27-2016, 08:04 AM
I love my cp40 other than the fact I can't seem to get rid of the microbubbles. I have searched and searched and found no solution.... does anyone else have this problem? It's 4-5" beneath the surface of the water so i know it isnt pulling from the surface and when I kill that and only have my other pump running the microbubbles are non existant :neutral:

Don't have a problem with microbubbles on mine and mine is about 6" below surface. The top is very agitated and has waves.

tang daddy
08-27-2016, 08:09 AM
I've never had large amounts of flow in any of my tanks, I always worry about having TOO much. So I'm on he fence on if I want to focus on the 40 or the 25. As long as the 40 can be slowed a reasonable amount then I might as well go for that. But there are times my RW8 looks like too much, I never have that thing more then halfway speed.

I found the CPs on Aliexpress. All in with shipping I found $130 for a 25, and $150 for a 40. CAD, shipped to my door in Canada. Haven't checked out Ebay for a cheaper price yet, I've just always had great luck with aliexpress. Pretty sure its mostly all the same sellers on both sites anyway.
Could potentially get it to work out a bit cheaper if people wanted to order together.

Get the 40 for sure, you can always turn it down... Is there tax or duties for delivery in Canada?

Coasting
08-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Get the 40 for sure, you can always turn it down... Is there tax or duties for delivery in Canada?

I've been buying off Aliexpress for a few years now, everything from Smoked tail lights and HIDs for my car to phone chargers and stickers.
Never incurred Duty or taxes. Some stuff takes awhile to show up just depending what plane China Post decides to stick the items on.

I found one, works out to (approx.) $145.51 each if you buy 2. Or $141.81 if you buy 3.... Anyone want to do a group order :lol: :lol:
Just looks like on this particular item buying multiples makes the shipping slightly cheaper per item.

(Some list free shipping but hide that cost in the item cost, I just look for whatever works out cheaper all in)

Would just have to confirm they have them with the US plug otherwise there are plenty of other sellers on there with them for less then $10 more.