PDA

View Full Version : Pet Cetera

Reefhawk1
11-05-2004, 03:01 AM
Hey all,

Just thought I would post a gripe I have with Pet Cetera on the north side of the city. I ordered a pair of square back Anthias from Pet Cetera and had to order them twice due to their live stock manager forgetting to order them for me. They gave me a call on Monday and left me a message that the fish are in. Not knowing their policy of a two-day holding period, which I was unadvised of when I made the order or when I was notifed my order was in, I went in Thursday night to see the condition of the fish. Since they are expensive and difficult to care for, I thought I would give them a couple of days to somewhat settle in. Unfortunately Pet Cetera doesn't have a quarentine tank so they sold them, which is fine with me. The only thing that ticked me off is the lack of experienced workers, their excuses, and on more than one occasion I've had encounters with sales persons giving false information.

Let that be a lesson to me that I will never shop at Pet Cetera again.

Comments?

Tarolisol
11-05-2004, 03:06 AM
I cant really understand why anyone would be marine fish from them in the first place. Horrible conditions, know one in the store cares, and a price that would involve a second morgage (sp?). Well at least thats the story where i live.

Quinn
11-05-2004, 06:23 AM
I don't think the mods like these threads too much but suffice to say I don't think we should be patronizing these types of establishments under any circumstances. There are relatively much better shops in the Edmonton area.

Nemain
11-05-2004, 01:28 PM
I am pretty sure they always have square backs at AI; at least there is always a few there every time I go.

Also, the family pet store in Sherwood Park does orders. And if you talk to the old oriental guy, he will QT it there for as long as you want really.

I think each of us has our own experience with an LFS, but I agree with teevee.

Invigor
11-05-2004, 02:04 PM
http://www.petcetera.ca/feedback/index.html

:mrgreen:

Aquattro
11-05-2004, 02:29 PM
I don't think the mods like these threads too much

We're ok with negative vendor ratings, that's what the forum is here for. As long as the info is factual, no name calling is involved, I don't have an issue with this thread. My local petcetera is modelled after all the others, so I have to actually agree with this thread, having had the same experiences here every single time I go there.

As a rule, we try to avoid these threads becoming angry mobs with pitchforks going to the local bad fish store and dragging the shop keepers to the street!
Info based on fact, not emotions, is what we look for here. Thanks!