PDA

View Full Version : Salt anyone?

cadmanof50s
05-03-2016, 07:12 PM
I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, but I have been having a challenge lately getting a good variety of salt in the GTA Area. Of course, it makes no sense to order salt and have it shipped directly because of its' weight.

I live a good bit north of the city proper (north of Newmarket) , but I'm often in the Burlington/Oakville area. Can someone suggest a good source that is reasonably priced for salts such as Reef Crystals or Red Sea?

Preferably at the North end of the city or Burlington/Oakville area.

Thanks!

V.

corpusse
05-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Every few months amazon sells regular red sea for about $60-65 a bucket. The price changes daily sometimes several times a day and shoots up to 130+ and slowly works its way down. Since I noticed this trend and the regular red sea has lower alkalinity I've switched to using this. Amazon has free shipping for any weight so it's no problem ordering from them.

Otherwise Canada Corals is probably the best price for reef crystals / IO but the prices have increased since the dollar tanked. Big Al's will also match their prices.

intarsiabox
05-03-2016, 11:19 PM
You can check out the Aquaforest salts on Amazon as well with free shipping.

cadmanof50s
05-04-2016, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the tips, folks.

Will definitely checkout Amazon..didn't know about the shipping.

Love going to Canada Corals...one of mangy good reasons to go there is its kinda on my way to work (down from the 407).

I will be at Canada Corals tomorrow, but I didn't see any Red Sea or Reef Crystals on their site today...I have bought salt (Reef Crystals) there before. Maybe they're just out of stock.

Thanks again for the info!

V.

Slykat
05-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Put yourself on PetSmart's email list. They have specials every couple of weeks - 10% or 10$ off often some times more....

cadmanof50s
05-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Went to Canada Corals today. They do have the Reef Crystals and the Red Sea salt in the store. Since it is pickup only they don't have it on their Web site.
Price is in-line with other locations and reasonable.

V.

element291
09-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Can I ask what you paid for the red sea and do you like the salt mix?