PDA

View Full Version : Bangai cardinal sick

mihaivapler
05-01-2016, 08:18 PM
15147What is this on my bangai gills?do anyone have seen this before?hi is like this for about 2 months now but in the last week started to grow bigger,he is ok he eats like a pig doesn't show to have problems because of it but i'm worried that will kill him.also since he has this he doesn't keep the eggs in the mouth,he keeps it for a day and the next day they are gone.

i have crabs
05-01-2016, 08:40 PM
I have a lunar wrasse with something similar I think, his gill one one side is bulged out huge, I'm guessing it's a tumour possibly, I expected him to dies months ago but he's still acting normal, in my case atleast I don't think it's anything treatable so it's just a matter of time

mihaivapler
05-01-2016, 10:33 PM
I have a lunar wrasse with something similar I think, his gill one one side is bulged out huge, I'm guessing it's a tumour possibly, I expected him to dies months ago but he's still acting normal, in my case atleast I don't think it's anything treatable so it's just a matter of time
he has the same thing on the other side,both of his gills ends are swallowed..

mihaivapler
05-04-2016, 10:44 PM
bump

gobytron
05-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Swollen, discolored gills are often a sign of poor water quality or issues with the water parameters.

rsisvixen
05-05-2016, 01:18 AM
I find Banggai's tend to be more prone to gill cover issues than most other fish, and tend to have more tumors/growths as well specifically on or in their gills.
My own female develops a tumor on her left gill at least once every year or so.
Probably due to poor genetics and inbreeding somewhere along the way.

mihaivapler
05-05-2016, 04:26 AM
Swollen, discolored gills are often a sign of poor water quality or issues with the water parameters.
Not the case, water quality is very good. And is the only fish affected

mihaivapler
05-05-2016, 04:26 AM
I find Banggai's tend to be more prone to gill cover issues than most other fish, and tend to have more tumors/growths as well specifically on or in their gills.
My own female develops a tumor on her left gill at least once every year or so.
Probably due to poor genetics and inbreeding somewhere along the way.
Does it just go away or you treat her?

rsisvixen
05-05-2016, 07:26 AM
It forms a lump that grows under the skin and then pushes out the top of her gill cover and then it seems her body forces it out completely, after a few weeks its gone but a small hole remains and then heals up. Never seems to bug her though, healthy, eats well and spawns every two months. Only ever happens on her left side.

mihaivapler
05-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Oh well.he didn't made it..found half of him under the rocks,the snails took care of him,so if someone has a male bangai please let me know.