PDA

View Full Version : Question on Quarantine new fish

Lance0964
04-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Hi,

I'm new in this hobby. My new fish has been in quarantine tank for two weeks. However, a wrasse dead on the third day after add Prazipro, and two blennies dead in Cupramine…:cry:. I noticed those are kinda sensitive fish after they dead.

My question is, how to quarantine sensitive fish if they do have parasite and can't take the treatment like copper? And also, is there a list showing which fish are sensitive to copper?

Other fish are doing good. Two clown, fire fish, and a hippo tang. The hippo tang had really heavy ich and didn't eat, but he's getting better after one week with Cupramine and start eating.

Coasting
04-29-2016, 07:14 PM
Why did you treat with cupramine? Were the fish showinh signs of having ick or other issues?

Lance0964
04-29-2016, 07:46 PM
Why did you treat with cupramine? Were the fish showinh signs of having ick or other issues?

Yea, the hippo tang got really bad ich. I may shouldn't buy too many fish at once.

rsisvixen
04-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Seems like a lot of fish to QT all at once.
Specially if you are going to be adding them all to a new tank, usually you want to stagger adding fish to a new system so it adjusts to the new bioload gradually.

I'm an advocate of following ttm for all new fish and then a QT-less problems with ich and less use of chemicals.