PDA

View Full Version : EUROQUATICS E5 LEDT5

BobFish
04-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Can anyone speak on these bulbs, as to how good they are, think BBlinks had some?

spit.fire
04-16-2016, 01:21 AM
Can anyone speak on these bulbs, as to how good they are, think BBlinks had some?

i love em, im running them on two of my tanks (youve seen them)

gobytron
05-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Just thought I'd update this.

Switched 2 T5's in an RSM250 over from stock T5 bulbs.

I am unimpressed.

I don't see the difference from T5 to these.

I was expecting/hoping for some better coloration and pop.

Really, they look almost identical to T5's and I think maybe not quite as nice as some higher end T5's like ATI.

My experience MAY be better if I had switched all bulbs over, but after seeing the two, I'm not going to try it and will be sticking with ATI.

gobytron
05-06-2016, 04:26 PM
I've been looking into this a bit and it seems like there are 2 different opinions on these lights.

Some love them and some seem to be disappointed with the coloration.

I have noted that in a lot of the reviews I've read that are similar to mine, only 1 or 2 bulbs were switched out.

Whereas on a lot of the reviews that are very positive, it seems like all or most bulbs have been switched out...

I had really high hopes for this product, so I think I am going to pick up 2 more (for a total of 4 out of 6 bulbs) and revisit this thread.

The LED's come on a few seconds before the T5's do, and in that flash, things do look really nice, so I think there is some merit to this idea.

gmann
05-06-2016, 07:17 PM
which E5's are you running atm?

thinking of adding them as supplement lights with my kessils

gobytron
05-06-2016, 07:37 PM
I received a blue daylight in a trade and bought a blue pop from JL...

I want to add 2 more blue pop and see how things look.

If your Kessil is white-ish, the Blue Pops are probably the way to go.

I'm gonna pick a couple up this weekend, if I don't like them, I will be happy to sell them to you for a discount.

gmann
05-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Im running my Kessils more on the blue side.

I was thinking 2 x Marine pink and 2 x blue daylight since they would only be running for 4-6 hours during the day

gobytron
05-06-2016, 08:00 PM
I will say that it seems like the T5's drown out the euroquatics....so you may get better supplementation from T5's if you aren't worried about heat or power savings...

Would def be interested in your thoughts if you do get them.

gmann
05-06-2016, 09:09 PM
wont be for a while. have a set of unused T5's to go through first.

gmann
05-09-2016, 05:18 PM
which e5's are you running atm?

it seems I will have to make the switch sooner as my bulb selction makes everything look white even though they all say blue in their name :cry:

gobytron
05-09-2016, 07:07 PM
As above...
Running 1 blue pop and 1 blue daylight.

Finally finished transferring 2 RSM130 into 1 RSM250 but I managed to mount my aquaray (5 x 3w Cree royals blues) and am now very, very happy with the color.

So i think I'm just gonna save the dough and run 4 t5's, 2 e5's and my aquaray.

If I find my heat is way up, I may get into some more e5's.

gmann
05-09-2016, 07:11 PM
ah thanks. im going to jl his week hopefully they can show me what blue daylight looks like cause I cant find any videos online and blue pop just seems too blue for my settings.

gobytron
05-09-2016, 09:08 PM
I would think the Kessils you run have a way nicer blue than these offer anyways.

Have a look at the Euroquatics website for spectral info...

http://www.euroquatics.com/e5-lamps/

gmann
05-09-2016, 09:28 PM
the blue form the kessil is awesome. However at 100 % blue from the kessils & my current setup of 1 x lagoon blue, aqua blue, atinic+, aqua pink, the overall affect is a very white look.

Tyler posted pix, however they look bluer than in person.

Thanks for the link, however I dunno how to read them, lol. J&L said they will put in both in their fixtures for me to compare whenever I venture out there next.

thanks for your help.

albert_dao
05-09-2016, 09:30 PM
I would think the Kessils you run have a way nicer blue than these offer anyways.

We must be looking at two different bulbs, because I use the "blue pop" E5's and they look amazing. These are, IMO, the best and most innovative reef product to come out in the last 5 years. They offer a lot of tangible upsides with little downside and are general enough for many to put to service over their tanks. AAA++++ 5000% Eight Thumbs-Up Gold Star and four Chickens rating.

gmann
05-10-2016, 03:59 PM
verbal jousting aside...

any chance you will be posting a picture of your tank running the E5's?

intarsiabox
05-10-2016, 11:07 PM
verbal jousting aside...

any chance you will be posting a picture of your tank running the E5's?

I too would love to see a picture of the tank with and without the Blue Pop bulb if you get a chance to snap some pictures. I need to replace 6 bulbs soon and want to see if it's worth it to try a Blue Pop in place of an ATI Blue +.

gobytron
05-10-2016, 11:27 PM
I will do that...

As stated, right when I turn the lights on, and it's JUST the E5's running, it does look quite nice.

It just gets completely drowned out by the ATI T5's.

I'll try and snap some pics this weekend and post them up.

It would be awesome if some of you who really love these bulbs could do the same.

I still haven't mastered taking pictures under very blue light but my T5i and I will do the best we can.

intarsiabox
05-10-2016, 11:45 PM
I will do that...

As stated, right when I turn the lights on, and it's JUST the E5's running, it does look quite nice.

It just gets completely drowned out by the ATI T5's.

I'll try and snap some pics this weekend and post them up.

It would be awesome if some of you who really love these bulbs could do the same.

I still haven't mastered taking pictures under very blue light but my T5i and I will do the best we can.
Thanks, I would appreciate it!

Myka
05-13-2016, 12:52 AM
Hey guys - keep it civil or you'll get a week vacation from the forums. ;) Snide remarks aren't necessary. :)

Edit: I haven't had time to read all this yet...judging from the messages I've been receiving maybe the vacations are already earned. To be continued...

WarDog
05-13-2016, 02:23 AM
I would remind all members that any insults aimed at anyone will not be tolerated. Intelligent debates are encouraged. The ban hammer has fallen.

Myka
05-13-2016, 03:05 AM
I would remind all members that any insults aimed at anyone will not be tolerated. Intelligent debates are encouraged. The ban hammer has fallen.

...And I did some house keeping... :)