PDA

View Full Version : Dammit

trilinearmipmap
11-02-2004, 09:42 PM
I am leaving for a trip so I pulled my new hippo tang out of quarantine early after only 2-1/2 weeks and put him in my reef yesterday.

Today I notice a very small pinpoint white dot just underneath the middle of his dorsal fin. Maybe the start of ich.

No time to do anything about it now, just wait and see what happens when I get home.

I've heard a lot of times fish can get through a mild case of ich if feeding and water conditions are good, I hope this is true.

bluetang
11-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Ive found in the past, that those fish are very suseptible to ick. Everyone I know, whom has owned one, including myself had there's turn into a large cottonball from time to time. Sometimes fatal and sometimes not.

danny zubot
11-02-2004, 10:47 PM
I used to have a purple psuedochromis that would get ick every once in a while and I never new why. He always pulled through but a hippo tang might not be as hearty. The best you can do is to ensure your tank water is really good before leaving on your trip. Maybe feed with garlic until then.

Good luck!

trilinearmipmap
11-03-2004, 12:13 AM
I am not even definite it is ick, I see one tiny spot that is barely visible, I will keep my fingers crossed.

Beverly
11-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Try spiking the food for that tank with LOTS of garlic, such as Garlic Xtreme. I don't fully believe in the curative powers of garlic, but it can't hurt and may even help.

Bob I
11-03-2004, 01:24 AM
I had a Regal Tang from the time he was a little baby until I had to take him back to the LFS because he got to big for my tank. He often had the odd spot, but it never bothered him. :biggrin:

Quinn
11-03-2004, 01:56 AM
I saw a clip on TV once about a kid who got shot in the face with a .357 magnum which took out half his brain. Never bothered him! :razz:

trilinearmipmap
11-03-2004, 02:57 AM
Yes and he is now the incumbent candidate for president of the United States.

Beverly
11-03-2004, 03:03 AM
I thought Quinn was talking about Ralph Klein :mrgreen: :razz: :onfire:

trilinearmipmap
11-03-2004, 04:36 AM
Another argument against gun control.

hockey nut
11-03-2004, 06:49 AM
Guns don't kill people..... People kill people. :frown: very sad

My hippo would get a slight case of ick when I did a water change or just a top up. It would only last a day or so at the most. What I realized was happening was, he would get slightly stressed and then was fine after a day or two. He is probly only reacting to the move from one tank to another. Sensative little buggers.

HTH.... Have a safe trip

trilinearmipmap
11-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Well this morning he disappeared.. found him in the overflow none the worse for wear. Time to cover my tank with eggcrate.

danny zubot
11-03-2004, 05:35 PM
If thats no stressful I don't know what is! :razz:

TANGOMAN
11-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Things alright down there Quinn...? :confused: . Ya' kinda' came in from nowhere there. :lol:

p.s. Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people...

DiscusZ
11-03-2004, 10:02 PM
The Blue tang I got from Mike got ick a week after I got him/her (my 1st ever Marine ICK case)

Since it went away it has never returned.. I did feed alot of fresh garlic spread on Nori

Quinn
11-03-2004, 10:06 PM
People pull triggers to shoot bullets.

trilinearmipmap
11-03-2004, 11:01 PM
People obviously use guns to kill people.

The more guns in a society, the more homicide and suicide victims. That is why every month, more Americans are murdered by handguns than were lost in the World Trade Centre on Sept 11th.

Anyway we are a bit off topic here.