PDA

View Full Version : Looking to borrow a fish trap - Tri Cities/Port Coquitlam

Coasting
04-08-2016, 05:09 AM
Looking to borrow a fish trap for a witty 3" butterfly fish.
Hes too smart and the others are too dumb for a pop bottle to work.
While hes good with 95% of the corals, i would like to get more open brains in the future and he finds those tasty, and he gets picked on by the melanurus.

Ideally someone close by? Never had to borrow one from somebody so not sure how this normally works LOL

Maybe im blind but i didnt see one on j&l's site either.

Coasting
04-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Bump to start the day.

Bblinks
04-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Gina, turn your lights off and just use a flash light to catch your fish, much easier and faster.

Coasting
04-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Gina, turn your lights off and just use a flash light to catch your fish, much easier and faster.
I tried :( hes smart....
Too smart
And fast.
I built a trap with a plastic bucket. Lets see if hes brave enough to go in it.
Gotta find a better way to get food in there so it doesnt fly out.

Coasting
04-08-2016, 08:41 PM
It could work....
Black Stripe and clown have all ready gone in and explored. Then again the Black Stripe would probably go explore an open shark mouth....

Ive designed it so fish goes in all i have to do is pull on the fishing line from outside the tank and it will close the door.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW%20150/20160408_133650.jpg

tang daddy
04-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Just leave it in for a week,
I mentioned tying a shrimp on a piece or rock or use elastic band but wrap it a bunch of times so they have to pick on the rock to get food. Kinda like you wrapping a bandage over a wound....and keep doing it even if they are inside don't get excited. Like training a cat to go pee in a litter box you can train your fish. Feed the fish only in the trap don't disperse food, eventually they will get use to the trap and then bam done like dinner!

Coasting
04-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Hmmm i dont have shrimp big enough to tie down. I do have clam strips. So they could work.
And i attached an seaweed clip inside the bucket.
The Black stripe keeps going in and getting a large mouthful and brining it out lol

Ryanerickson
04-08-2016, 09:45 PM
I have this you can borrow
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab208/ryan_erickson/327D4E16-F780-4624-8BE1-33F408B8B066_zpsherbbzy8.jpg

Coasting
04-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Why are all the people with traps so far away :(
Well Langleys not that far but by the time i can get out there i wont have enough time for them to get used to it then return it to owner :(

Ryanerickson
04-08-2016, 10:15 PM
I had to look hard for that guy if you need it I'm not in any rush to get back I can wait tell next time your in the lower mainland I have not used it in over a year I have few fish. I also may have some lps you may want.

Coasting
04-08-2016, 10:28 PM
I thought you were in Langley for some reason, was too lazy to look from my phone, same side of the river though LOL
I MIGHT head to the Langley area on Saturday if the day is not too busy.
If youd be okay with me borrowing it for a bit then that could work. I could set it up now, if I don't catch him I can leave it in so he gets used to it, don't want my parents catching him and not having a clue what to do with him then LOL. I'll be back next month and could set it up the first day I'm back and try again??
If its something you need back asap while I'm gone, my mom is out in Cloverdale almost every Monday night. Otherwise you've been to my place before.

I still have faith that my ghetto little bucket will work though!

Why does everyone think I can afford more coral :lol: maybe its all the crap I keep buying.... LOL