PDA

View Full Version : Tips on recovering Torch coral

Fin2you
03-28-2016, 01:55 PM
Saw my clowns trying to host in an unwilling Torch, a couple hours later I was walking past the tank & it was oozing slime & COMPLETELY BARE off tentacles on 4 heads. did a google search & from the recommendations I moved it down to a sheltered from light & less current spot.
All the online info says some have had success with new heads being generated, but all the threads are years old. Anyone recently have success? Or go thru this personally? Or is it just common practices now just to toss & buy another?

kamloops_reefer
03-28-2016, 02:50 PM
I've had all but a bony structure with what used to be two heads on a hammer. No signs of flesh etc. I kept it in my tank, months later a head started to grow - then within a month I got 20 heads. I always like to keep these kind of things around just in case :)

if your impatient, get a new one, but put this one somewhere else. You might be able to trade it one day

Coasting
03-28-2016, 03:19 PM
Ive had a few that seemed totally dead and then looking at the body of the skeleton theres this little zit like green thing, and sure enough its a new head growing. But typically thats my frogspawn and hammer. Never had much luck with a torch that far gone.
But it never hurts to try.

Fin2you
03-28-2016, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I will keep the torch in a protected spot & keep my fingers crossed. I really liked the coloring on it, never seen one like it!
I've had all but a bony structure with what used to be two heads on a hammer. No signs of flesh etc. I kept it in my tank, months later a head started to grow - then within a month I got 20 heads. I always like to keep these kind of things around just in case :)

if your impatient, get a new one, but put this one somewhere else. You might be able to trade it one day

hfp75
03-28-2016, 07:28 PM
Haha

It's dead... Toss it into the sump....

Fin2you
03-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Gee thanks, that's exactly the kind of support I was looking for.
THANKYOU to the 2 BC forum members for actually providing some honest help. I appreciate it more than you can imagine.

Haha

It's dead... Toss it into the sump....