PDA

View Full Version : Is it ick?

Lovemyocean
03-24-2016, 08:35 PM
This guy has a couple white dots on him. Wondering if it could be ick. Not seeing anything on anybody else.
It's a 260. So I don't think I would be able to catch him to put him in a hospital tank to treat. Any opinions?

Lovemyocean
03-24-2016, 09:02 PM
Trying to attach a pic

Lovemyocean
03-24-2016, 09:06 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=15045&d=1458853560

Craigdillman
03-25-2016, 03:06 AM
Any other fish sick ? need a better pic but it looks like Flukes if there is only the two spots and the whole fish inst covered than looks to me like flukes you can QT the Fish or all of the Fish and treat with prazi pro works great

gregzz4
03-25-2016, 05:28 AM
Definitely not Marine Ich
That would present itself as specs, just as what sand specs look like ... dots.
And the worse it gets, the closer it looks to being covered by a salt shaker - or a whole bunch of pimples - whatever helps you visualize it :mrgreen:

I've blown up the pic and what I see is damage, such as maybe an impact with corals or rocks. But I could be totally wrong ... :smile:

When you look at the fish, do you see anything that looks like it's on the outside of the fish ? You're looking for a parasite that would be prevalent as an external bump, or something trailing as if it's attached and trailing backwards.

If all you see are bumps/abrasions, just keep your water quality pristine, good foods, and it will heal with time.

Use Google to peruse the millions of pics of Marine Flukes, and other such parasites including Parasitic Copepods.
Could help you, but I still feel it's damage from contact with something pointy ...