PDA

View Full Version : Valentina puffer eating Zoas

SylvanZoaReefer
03-23-2016, 03:24 PM
Had my puffer for about a year now, he's grown and likes to eat, well this week he ate a colony of big red Zoas, caught him red handed, after noticing how the polyps looked after being choked on I realize he has done this before, at the time I assumed it was water conditions causing the centers to pop out, nope he's been eating them, the very next day he ate another cats eye morph colony, the wife told me to bad, but now I win he needs to be moved, Can a Valentina puffer be trained not to eat Zoas once they stopped eating and eat Zoas all day?
I have corals in all three tanks but a 40g emergency tank. has anyone had this issue? Looking for ideas for a solution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyfighter
03-23-2016, 04:17 PM
I have never owned a Valentina puffer but I think the general consensus with any livestock in a marine tank is that once they start eating corals they aren't ever going to stop.
You could try feeding more regularly and see if that helps but I think you are Probbaly going to have to remove him.
Good luck!

Animal-Chin
03-23-2016, 07:48 PM
Ya once it becomes food it's always food. Its either zoas or the puffer, one has to go...

DKoKoMan
12-25-2016, 10:30 AM
I have never owned a Valentina puffer but I think the general consensus with any livestock in a marine tank is that once they start eating corals they aren't ever going to stop.
You could try feeding more regularly and see if that helps but I think you are Probbaly going to have to remove him.
Good luck!

Had zero luck keeping mine. He started nipping at my Acans, I accepted the piece as his chew toy. But... he continued to nip at zoas and SPS. However there are the rare ones that leave your corals alone. I unfortunately drew the short straw and had to rehome mine. :sad: