PDA

View Full Version : LF: Local reefers willing to participate in reef tank tour late April

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-21-2016, 05:39 AM
So I'm looking for local reefers, preferably with nice reef tank(s), who would be willing to have a bunch of other reefers come visit, take pics, talk about their tank(s) and host the group for say half an hour to an hour. There may be some frag swapping, buying/selling involved.

I'm willing to host an end of tour bbq at my place so people opening up their homes for the tour do not need to feed everyone popping in. Feel free to post on this thread or pm me if you are willing to host or want to come on the tank tour or both.

I need to build a proper database of local reefers who want to participate so we can organize tours that cover maybe two+ suburbs (i.e. West & North Van) per tour. If there's enough interest, we can hopefully organize multiple tours over the next few months to a year and visit different areas. My hope is to have one for the Ladner/Delta/Tsw./South Surrey/White Rock region; a Fraser Valley tour; a Coquitlam/PoCo/Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge tour; Vancouver/Burnaby/Richmond tour.

Thank you in advanced.

Anthony

Etaloche
03-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Maybe I'll have a half decent tank to show off by the time this happens?
Either way I'm definitely interested in participating in the tour so count me in!

e46er
03-21-2016, 02:15 PM
So I'm looking for local reefers, preferably with nice reef tank(s), who would be willing to have a bunch of other reefers come visit, take pics, talk about their tank(s) and host the group for say half an hour to an hour. There may be some frag swapping, buying/selling involved.

I'm willing to host an end of tour bbq at my place so people opening up their homes for the tour do not need to feed everyone popping in. Feel free to post on this thread or pm me if you are willing to host or want to come on the tank tour or both.

I need to build a proper database of local reefers who want to participate so we can organize tours that cover maybe two+ suburbs (i.e. West & North Van) per tour. If there's enough interest, we can hopefully organize multiple tours over the next few months to a year and visit different areas. My hope is to have one for the Ladner/Delta/Tsw./South Surrey/White Rock region; a Fraser Valley tour; a Coquitlam/PoCo/Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge tour; Vancouver/Burnaby/Richmond tour.

Thank you in advanced.

Anthony
andddddd ya lost me

Bblinks
03-21-2016, 04:55 PM
I don't mind people coming over to my place. Tank is still in the infant stages but everyone is welcome.

hunggi74
03-21-2016, 08:48 PM
I don't mind people coming over to my place. Tank is still in the infant stages but everyone is welcome.

Nobody wants to see your tank ok? Lol

BobFish
03-21-2016, 10:31 PM
I love looking at others tanks!

Bblinks
03-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Nobody wants to see your tank ok? Lol

Ya...you are right.

spit.fire
03-22-2016, 01:10 AM
people can come over and look at my frag tanks lol, dont have much as far as displays go

Tom R
03-22-2016, 04:01 AM
If you put a Langley Surrey tour together I would make my tanks available

Tom R

maron6977
03-22-2016, 02:33 PM
If you put a Langley Surrey tour together I would make my tanks available

Tom R

Nice Tom . Hoping you were gonna join in !

Throw me on the list also , if anyone wants to have a look at my newbie tank (6 months )

Just keep in mind I work Saturday's

The Guy
03-22-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm tankless but still like looking at nice reef set up's, I'm in. :yo:

Rog
03-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Hi All,

I'd be willing to open up for visitors and hopefully come on the tour too if the group is small enough and timing works out. My 160 main display is a work in progress (no coral to speak of at the moment as I'm reworking the lights), but it might be an interesting one for some as the tank is not drilled and I therefore don't have a sump. That said, I've managed to accomplish most of what my drilled friends have done in other creative ways.

Just got a Maxspect Gyre XF150 too if anyone wants to see one in action.