PDA

View Full Version : Diamond hole saws (45mm/60mm)

kyl
03-18-2016, 03:49 AM
I thought this would be easy after some forum searching, but I'm having terrible luck sourcing diamond hole saws locally in the larger sizes 1-3/4 | 45mm & 2-3/8 | 60mm. Princess Auto, the big box stores, Home hardware, crappy tire, KMS, you name it I've hit it during this past week and nothing. I've also tried some tile and glass shops, but they either don't deal with selling hole saws or only source industrial ones that aren't for DIY.

Does anyone have any hidden gem suggestions, or should I just bite the bullet and wait a couple weeks for some cheap ones from ebay? Princess auto was apparently the go-to previously, but they only had two active SKU's in system and they were for multi-bit kits.

spit.fire
03-18-2016, 04:02 AM
I thought this would be easy after some forum searching, but I'm having terrible luck sourcing diamond hole saws locally in the larger sizes 1-3/4 | 45mm & 2-3/8 | 60mm. Princess Auto, the big box stores, Home hardware, crappy tire, KMS, you name it I've hit it during this past week and nothing. I've also tried some tile and glass shops, but they either don't deal with selling hole saws or only source industrial ones that aren't for DIY.

Does anyone have any hidden gem suggestions, or should I just bite the bullet and wait a couple weeks for some cheap ones from ebay? Princess auto was apparently the go-to previously, but they only had two active SKU's in system and they were for multi-bit kits.

how many holes do you need drilled for what size bulkhead?
i have an "industrial" setup

e46er
03-18-2016, 04:49 AM
I bought mine at MOPS.ca

Tyfighter
03-18-2016, 05:30 AM
Summit tools is where I got mine. They have a large assortment.

monocus
03-18-2016, 07:24 AM
i bought a set of 10 from summit,if you want to borrow any it would be no problem

kyl
03-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys, I'll try summit today after work. I really want to avoid borrowing or hauling the tank around, but may take one of you up on those offers if it comes to that.

Tyfighter
03-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Summit has 2 types, I would reccomend spending the little bit more and buying the better one. It cut much faster.

kyl
03-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Yes, it looks like Summit is the answer here, both sizes in stock. Thanks again.

Tyfighter
03-19-2016, 03:21 AM
30% 0ff premium hole saws today! I hope you picked one up.