PDA

View Full Version : Canada Coral Group Buy

mrhasan
03-18-2016, 01:48 AM
Due to the lack of availability of corals in Calgary, I have purchased quite a few corals from Canada Corals today and will hopefully be getting them before the long weekend. Probably won't be able to accommodate a lot of people since I don't have a big tank or provision to hold for long period of time.

So if you are interested, let me know and we can sort out the details. I am waiting on hearing back from Canada Corals for the group buy code so once I get it, I will update the thread.

Fin2you
03-18-2016, 02:04 AM
Oh my if you are serious there are a couple corals I want I just don't know if I can do them in my tank! but I do have a dream/wish list from them!!!!

mrhasan
03-18-2016, 02:08 AM
Oh my if you are serious there are a couple corals I want I just don't know if I can do them in my tank! but I do have a dream/wish list from them!!!!

I am serious since they have my money already :razz: My only request to people getting in the group buy would be to make sure they pick it up within couple of hours since I do not have the accommodation to hold them for long period of time.

Fin2you
03-18-2016, 02:48 AM
well boo went back and searched out what I could realistically put in my tank at this time from my wish list & 1 of the 2 is sold out. :cry:
Sigh, wanna wait to do the order till the shaving brush is available again????? LOL you hard core guys are probably looking at spending hundreds of $ & I want a $10 macroalgae & the other one is the PinkyPie Flowerpot for $25. :redface:

mrhasan
03-18-2016, 03:01 AM
well boo went back and searched out what I could realistically put in my tank at this time from my wish list & 1 of the 2 is sold out. :cry:
Sigh, wanna wait to do the order till the shaving brush is available again????? LOL you hard core guys are probably looking at spending hundreds of $ & I want a $10 macroalgae & the other one is the PinkyPie Flowerpot for $25. :redface:

Yah the nice stuffs went pretty fast. I did my order in three phases just to secure the stuffs but did loose 2 corals that I wanted.

Based on the number of people interested in the GB, I can wait until next Friday's order but don't want to wait too long. I have already paid for shipping in case I don't get that many people on board. So if I don't get enough, I will probably move forward with my own order.

Oh and flowerpots are quite challenging to keep. I wanted to buy the pack they had but then backed out. Sorry to pass on that info :sad:

Fin2you
03-18-2016, 03:07 AM
Yah the nice stuffs went pretty fast. I did my order in three phases just to secure the stuffs but did loose 2 corals that I wanted.

Based on the number of people interested in the GB, I can wait until next Friday's order but don't want to wait too long. I have already paid for shipping in case I don't get that many people on board. So if I don't get enough, I will probably move forward with my own order.

Oh and flowerpots are quite challenging to keep. I wanted to buy the pack they had but then backed out. Sorry to pass on that info :sad:

Well you've been pretty honest with me in our previous encounters so if you say they can be challenging, it probably is your gentle way of saying wait till there's another group buy in a few mths/next year before you get it....

I love checking out a few of these biz & drooling over some of the corals....

Delphinus
03-18-2016, 05:26 PM
What part of the city are you in and what day were you thinking for shipping?

mrhasan
03-18-2016, 05:50 PM
What part of the city are you in and what day were you thinking for shipping?

I live in SE near Deerfoot/Glenmore intersection.

I don't have any fixed set day yet but will probably plan for April 01, 2016 delivery. I was thinking of getting it here before the long weekend but haven't heard back from Canada Corals yet so I am not sure whether that is realistic.

Delphinus
03-18-2016, 07:57 PM
Cool thanks. I'll check out the site and see what there is. I know the last few times the things I was most excited about, sold out after about 5 minutes of being posted. :lol:

mrhasan
03-18-2016, 07:59 PM
Cool thanks. I'll check out the site and see what there is. I know the last few times the things I was most excited about, sold out after about 5 minutes of being posted. :lol:

Yah they ran dry within the hour. :razz:

mrhasan
03-18-2016, 08:22 PM
Group Buy Details:

I have talked to Canada Corals and the group buy is officially on. If you are interested to join, please note the following:

1. Cut off date will either be March 24, 2016 or April 01, 2016. Once Canada Coral confirms the shipping date, I will post it over here.

2. Please place your order with the "add to an existing order" so that you don't have to pay for shipping. In the note, please add "Calgary Group Buy - Raied".

3. Once your order is placed, please PM me your Name, name of the corals, email address and a phone number which can receive text.

4. If we do not reach the free shipping mark, shipping will be divided equally among all the participants.

5. On the shipping day, I will be work from home until 12:00pm and then will have to head down to the office. So all the participants are requested to pick up their order by 12:00pm on the delivery day. I do not have the provision of holding the order for more than few hours.

If you have any questions, please do let me know. Thanks :)

Jus_sum_guy
03-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Any idea what time delivery usually comes on delivery day?

mrhasan
03-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Any idea what time delivery usually comes on delivery day?

With UPS overnight, it is usually ready for pickup around 9am.

Jus_sum_guy
03-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Cool. I'm in then.

mrhasan
03-18-2016, 09:43 PM
Cool. I'm in then.

Great. Once you have placed the order, please send me a PM with the details. Please do note the delivery dates and they may change based on Canada Coral's shipping availability. I am waiting for confirmation from them on the date.

Jus_sum_guy
03-19-2016, 04:38 AM
Corals only or fish too??!! :)

mrhasan
03-19-2016, 04:39 AM
Corals only or fish too??!! :)

Not sure whether they will ship corals and fishes together but if they do, sure why not :)

Jus_sum_guy
03-19-2016, 04:46 AM
Nvm. They ship fish by cargo only.
I'll let you know my order after the weekend :)

mrhasan
03-19-2016, 04:48 AM
Nvm. They ship fish by cargo only.
I'll let you know my order after the weekend :)

Sounds like a plan.

mrhasan
03-19-2016, 07:28 PM
Please used coupon code "GroupRaied" for joining the group order. If you have already placed the order, please let me know and I will inform them or you can contact them directly too if you want.

mrhasan
03-20-2016, 01:54 AM
The order will come in on Thursday (March 24, 2016). We are few $ short of free shipping right now but pretty sure we will be getting into the free shipping zone so if anyone else wants to hope in the order, you are more than welcome to. :)

Please do note that I will only be taking half a day off from my office so all the pickup will have to be done by 12:00pm.

Jus_sum_guy
03-20-2016, 03:17 AM
Damn! The one day I can't pick up before noon!
Sucks...was going to take advantage and order a couple hundred worth!

Next time perhaps

mrhasan
03-20-2016, 08:05 PM
We are in the free UPS overnight shipping zone already. Couple hundreds more and we will be in the free cargo zone :)

mrhasan
03-21-2016, 08:10 PM
2nd last bump. The group buy closes end of the day tomorrow :)

mrhasan
03-23-2016, 03:29 AM
Group buy is officially closed. Thanks to all for your interest and those who joined :)

Fin2you
03-23-2016, 04:12 AM
next time I'll get in on the action! I really couldn't justify it this time b/c I had just bought some new corals & found the solid blue background I wanted on the tank!

friggindiggin
05-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Hi did you get them today if so please call me 403-850-8538 thanks

mrhasan
05-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Hi did you get them today if so please call me 403-850-8538 thanks

Sorry could not understand your question.