PDA

View Full Version : Co-op tank removal GVRD - update

Cujo#31
03-15-2016, 08:43 PM
As the phrase goes "nothing worth having comes easy" the removal process is going to be very challenging. After 4 meetings now with on site personnel we can now only remove tanks Monday to Friday from 7:30 to 4:00 as that is the only time on site safety will be present. Each person entering site must be oriented prior to accessing site and all participants need safety boots, hard hat and high vis vest. To further complicate matters I must also be present as I am primary contact. WHO'S IN??? WHO CAN HELP given the change in circumstances?
I am going to start chipping away at the pile as much as I can starting Thursday and Friday this week. I am able to store about 40 of the 33 gallon tanks at my shop along with a few other items such as racking . This will at least assure we at least have the resources to establish some sort of co-op. I can only house one frag tank at shop, but am currently sourcing out another location. Obviously trucks and bodies (and additional storage if necessary) are needed.
Texting me is the most efficient. (604)319-0317

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-16-2016, 12:43 AM
Sorry, already full day planned taking my kids out to go pony riding and then to Aldergrove to meet with The Guy on Thursday. Friday I have to work but I'll see if I can spare some time to head over and help load some tanks. What time are you planning to be there on Friday?

Etaloche
03-16-2016, 03:09 AM
I'm still interested in helping. I have steel toe boots but not a hard hat nor vest. Will they be provided? I don't have school this week

straightrazorguy
03-16-2016, 03:12 AM
I just found this out today. I could help this Friday. I normally work regular hours Mon-Friday, but I'll be off this Friday. And I like the idea! LMK where and when you need me.

Cujo#31
03-16-2016, 03:43 AM
Let's tentatively go with Friday 7:30 a.m. in back of building formerly Island Pets Richmond. Will let u know for sure as soon as I know folks. Waiting to hear back from man with the keys....

Cujo#31
03-17-2016, 02:24 AM
Trying to contact our demo contractor. I'm having the great pleasure of dealing with demolition contractor (who has keys to building) and general contractor (who runs the site). Please be patient....I'm dealing with.....people.....

maron6977
03-17-2016, 02:39 AM
Friday I work , but if following Tuesday Need any help , let me know . Can get safety equip from work
604-319-0989 text is best

Tyfighter
03-17-2016, 04:18 AM
I can also scrounge up some hard hats and vests for Monday/Tuesday next week and any tools that we might need.
I can also try to have my truck empty but sometimes that's harder than it sounds.

Cujo#31
03-17-2016, 04:21 AM
I can also scrounge up some hard hats and vests for Monday/Tuesday next week and any tools that we might need.
I can also try to have my truck empty but sometimes that's harder than it sounds.

Oh ma ur preaching to the choir on that one

xerxes300
03-17-2016, 07:22 AM
the site has no electricity - so yall gona need headlamps/flashlights, and a generator for plugin tools), and has no running water(toilete wont flush).

BTW,
the 1.25" thick acrylic shark tank alone is 10' by 7', so u may wana chop it up somehow, for raw material. thrz some items above the washroom(no stairs), so ull need a 20 foot ladder to access things up high or attached to ceiling.

the glass door of the upright freezer is located on the floor of the upstairs staff room.

tell folks not to open the deep freeze (the stench will clear the building).

May the (co-op)Force be with You.

cheers,

Shawn

Cujo#31
03-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Bloody demolition contractor hasn't answered his phone in 3 days. Pulling my hair out. Sorry folks. Your response has been most overwhelming and just frickin awesome by the way!!!

Tyfighter
03-17-2016, 08:55 PM
What's his number? I can try calling him

Cujo#31
03-17-2016, 10:06 PM
Ha Ha!!!! Demo contractor must be a forum member...lmao. He just called. Any willing participants can meet me on site tomorrow morning beginning at 7:30. Please bring work boots and hard hats. Hi vis if you have it. If not I have a few extra vests. Location is "Island Pets" corner of Alderbridge and No. 3 rd. Site is surrounded by construction fence. Enter site by back alley off Lansdowne. Next day will tentatively Monday/Tuesday next week. From there it will be 24 hour notice for access.
Cheers

reef-keeper
03-18-2016, 02:03 AM
You should post pictures so we can all follow along. I myself have all the necessary PPE but live in the wrong province.

Cujo#31
03-18-2016, 02:24 AM
You should post pictures so we can all follow along. I myself have all the necessary PPE but live in the wrong province.

I will be taking pics, but as to downloading them......I'm ok at downloading singles, but clueless when it comes to how I get multiple pic posts like all the other cool kids do....😆

monocus
03-18-2016, 07:34 AM
i could help on tuesday as ill be waiting for a coral shipment at the airport,cube van would be mostly empty

Etaloche
03-18-2016, 08:09 AM
Was going to try and help out tomorrow. Someone mentioned there might be extra hard hats and/or vests? Could I use a helmet as a hard hat substitute? I feel a helmet would be a safer alternative anyways :lol:

Cujo#31
03-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Was going to try and help out tomorrow. Someone mentioned there might be extra hard hats and/or vests? Could I use a helmet as a hard hat substitute? I feel a helmet would be a safer alternative anyways :lol:

Sorry, only hard hats allowed. If it isn't CSA certified to withstand a blow from any direction its a No-go. Didn't get msg til now....my bad

Cujo#31
03-18-2016, 07:32 PM
Got our foot in the door today. Thanks to straightrazorguy for coming out. Too bad we had generator issues 😤🔫. Looking for a few "ready and willing" folks for Monday/Tuesday. The HEAVY lifting will be the frag tanks (thank god there is a forklift at my shop😆😆). We should be able to slide the tanks into the back of my truck. Fingers crossed folks.

Cujo#31
03-19-2016, 12:06 AM
Not sure how my fat thumbs were able to throw in so many extra characters😳

Tyfighter
03-19-2016, 12:17 AM
Good to hear things went well today!

Cujo#31
03-19-2016, 01:02 AM
Good to hear things went well today!

Well....I wouldn't say we'll. We got a start. Bloody generator issues made it tough. Sliver luring. ...we are in and we are not moving backwards