PDA

View Full Version : AF products and dosing

vanreefer
03-14-2016, 07:33 PM
Hi
Just starting the aqua forest products in my new tank wondering what products people are using and how much?
One specific question I have is the dosing rate/volume for the reef mineral salt... Same as calcium and Alk?
Cheers
VR

mrhasan
03-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Hi
Just starting the aqua forest products in my new tank wondering what products people are using and how much?
One specific question I have is the dosing rate/volume for the reef mineral salt... Same as calcium and Alk?
Cheers
VR

I think you are better off asking these in the AF FB group. Pretty active group with people who are familiar with the AF product line. AF is yet to catch up in Canreef.

WarDog
03-14-2016, 09:19 PM
Aqua Forest has a FB page?

mrhasan
03-14-2016, 09:22 PM
Aqua Forest has a FB page?

Yap they do. The big boys over at the AF maintain it.

WarDog
03-14-2016, 09:32 PM
Ah.. I found it. Cool pictures.

I love how people get so excited for the latest snake oil.

Myka
03-15-2016, 02:09 AM
I love how people get so excited for the latest snake oil.

I'm RARELY on the bandwagon for "new" products. However, it's not snake oil little Zeovit boy. ;) Aquaforest is not a new company, nor is it new products, nor is the probiotic method anything new. Aquaforest has been in Europe for about 7 years, though it is new to North America. Zeovit, Prodibio, Fauna Marin, Tropic Marin, Aquaforest - all probiotic methods.

My reasoning for trying out Aquaforest: With the cost of H2Ocean rising to around $100 a bucket, and also the alkalinity rising with every dang bucket it seems, I was getting itchy feet. I was adding muriatic acid to the H2Ocean to get alkalinity to NSW levels. If I'm paying $100 for a bucket of salt it needs to do something that IO can't. IO needs adjustment for NSW values too. Aquaforest is good right out of the pail - NSW values in every bucket I've seen tested. Btw, the Aquaforest Seasalt is the equivalent of IO, and it's cheaper than IO. Plus, for the same cost of H2Ocean I can now try out a full probiotic method in my tank. Works for me...