PDA

View Full Version : Time to shut down

The Guy
03-13-2016, 09:09 AM
After a lot of thought I have decided it's time to sell my reef tank, as I would like to do more travelling in the future.
It's a RSM 250 tank and stand in as new condition with lots of upgrades, such as Steve's Leds full spectrum kit complete with a Typhoon full dawn to dusk controller, I replaced the stock skimmer with a Deltec MC500, I have the Tunze 3155 ato system, 2 Vortech mp10 circulation pumps, Finnex temperature controller with a Red Sea 200 watt heater, coralife UV sterilizer and pump.

The tank is fully stocked with approx. 60 lbs of live rock and 40 lbs of live sand. All my corals are mostly softie's such as hammer and frogspawn, a multi head green Auzzie Duncan, beautiful orange bubble coral, GSP , there's 2 long tube anemonies and 1 large RBTA that my 2 clowns are hosting. There's some different varieties of zoes and more I can't remember.

Fish include: 3" Yellow Tang, 3" Coral beauty, Large long nose Hawk fish, Starry Blennie, Bicolored Blennie, 3" lime green Wrasse, Blue Devil Damsel, yellow clown gobie, Black and white misbar clown, orange and white perc clown, Cardinal fish.

Clean up crew: 2 emerald crabs, several hermit crabs and snails,1 scarlet red shrimp.

Lots of spare stuff such as extra new cooling fans for the Leds and hood.
heaters, pumps, skimmer, tubing and a couple of boxes of misc. bits and pieces for aquariums. Many nets, cleaning equipment, test kits, IO salt mixing barrel with pump and heater, lots of foods, additives such as Mag, Ca, Alk etc. BRS dosing pump, lots of extra pails plastic bags and so on.
Aquasafe RO tank water system with extra new filters and 45 gallon blue storage drum. Also comes with a drinking water tap.
Everything listed above comes with the sale asking: $2500 which is a lot less than originally invested. I'm in no hurry so please don't low ball, I feel it's a fair deal.
I want to sell the complete package all at once, so if your looking for a stocked package ready to go system have a look. I really don't want to part out so please don't ask.
Cheers

The Guy
03-13-2016, 05:30 PM
I am hoping to sell my whole system all at once, but if that does not happen I will be parting out. I would like give my thread a few days and see how it goes.
If you are interested in particular items feel free to PM me with what you would like, I am compiling a want list.
Thanks for looking.
Oh ya I forgot the fighting conch in my list.

Coasting
03-13-2016, 05:43 PM
If you end up Parting out Laurie id love to take a few of those fish for the new tank :D All dependant if I get it up and running at the right time ;)
Best of luck with the sale! Sad to see another person shut a tank down :(

Reeferamir1
03-13-2016, 07:19 PM
Hi there

Thank you very much for the call, I would be interested in some power heads and other equipments, also the yellow tang and other live stock plus some corals. So basically I could take a whole lot of stuff if you decide to part out

Please let me know

Cheers

The Guy
03-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Hi there

Thank you very much for the call, I would be interested in some power heads and other equipments, also the yellow tang and other live stock plus some corals. So basically I could take a whole lot of stuff if you decide to part out

Please let me know

Cheers
Your on the list, I'll let everyone who has contacted me by PM if I part out, along with the prices of what you are interested in.

Coasting
03-13-2016, 10:29 PM
Your on the list, I'll let everyone who has contacted me by PM if I part out, along with the prices of what you are interested in.

Theres all ready a list O_o well so much for that. I wasnt going to PM and harass you about parting out fish until you said you were doing that. Well poop.

The Guy
03-16-2016, 03:46 PM
BUMP
I've had a lot of PM's with wants if I part out, at this point I'm waiting a few more days to see if anyone decides they want to buy the whole set up, probably another week.
After that the process of part out will start in the usual manner with LR & livestock first and so on. My prices will be fair but less than LFS sells for and firm only, no negotiating when picking up will happen. :wink: Cheers

maron6977
03-16-2016, 09:46 PM
I'd be down for that starry blenny !
Let me know if you part out

The Guy
03-16-2016, 10:55 PM
I'd be down for that starry blenny !
Let me know if you part out
Ya I think he's home sick, he should go back to you. :lol:

dusty16
03-16-2016, 11:26 PM
Id be interested in most of your fish. Let me know whats left

black nemo
03-17-2016, 12:26 AM
Ya I think he's home sick, he should go back to you. :lol:

Hi if you do parting out let me know I'm interested in your vortech mp10 thanks

dino
03-17-2016, 01:14 AM
Interesting in wrasse and possibly corals

spit.fire
03-17-2016, 02:10 AM
did you do the retrofit or did the previous owner?

looneeii
03-17-2016, 03:13 AM
how much for the mp10s?

black nemo
03-17-2016, 04:32 AM
Hi let me know if u are going to parting out your fish tank cause I'm interested in the fish tank it's self, the stand and the vortech. Please let me know thank you. My number is 778-986-3331

The Guy
03-17-2016, 05:46 AM
did you do the retrofit or did the previous owner? previous owner :smile:

gregzz4
03-17-2016, 05:50 AM
Sorry to see you shutting it down Laurie
Hope you enjoy your life away from the Reef stuff
We'll miss you @ the meets

Good luck with your sales
Bump :mrgreen:

The Guy
03-17-2016, 06:14 AM