PDA

View Full Version : once in a lifetime opportunity.....GVRD

Cujo#31
03-12-2016, 05:29 AM
To make a very long story relatively short, I have somehow been "gifted" many, many, many 33 gallon tanks, a couple 4x8 frag tables, and a bunch of miscellaneous goodies. This can only be described as a once in a lifetime oportunity.
My intention is to establish some sort of GVRD reefer's co-op. We can utilize the frag tables as a frag over - flow, and the tanks as fish refuge, for those "crap I should not have bought this fish", a safety net for "my tank is crashing" or " I need a hospital tank now" or " I'm moving and need some place for my livestick".....you get the picture. I'm looking for like-minded individuals. There is plenty of time to make a game plan. What we don't have is time to get the resources out. I need volunteers, and individuals who are willing to be part of the plan. Those of you with the "for profit" or personal gain motive need not apply.
We have a fantastic oportunity here to do something truly wonderful and unique for the hobby. I won't allow this to be screwed up by personal agenda. Who is in????

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-12-2016, 07:12 AM
Depending on my work schedule, I may be able to help. Unfortunately, late March is my busiest time of year since its end of term for my university students.

fixerupper
03-12-2016, 12:14 PM
What a great community spirit you guys have. Good luck with the endeavour. I wish I was there to pitch in.

reef-keeper
03-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Either you or I'm in the wrong province. This is a great idea.

KPG007
03-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Hi Gary,

I may be able to help from time to time and can offer some ideas into operations. Let me know how I can help.

Kelly

Etaloche
03-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Count me in please! :biggrin:

msjboy
03-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Interested to assist what I can... any reefer clubs out in the world doing the same coop idea - perhaps do a search? Where will this be?

Reeferamir1
03-12-2016, 07:35 PM
I would like to be involved but where would this be based? I live in Langley and also how much time is required? If I have time I would help out as much as I can great idea. Great spirit

byee
03-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Where will the co-op be located?
What skill sets do you required?
What roles do you need filled?
What's required - hardware? Soft skills?

There are also lots of other great questions posted in the thread by other Canreef members.

I understand the concept of co-ops - MEC, REI evolved into million dollar companies.

What's your objective? Membership? Vision?

Thoughts?

chwkreefer
03-12-2016, 10:59 PM
There are some great questions being asked. I'm interested too.

Cujo#31
03-13-2016, 06:05 AM
Where will the co-op be located?
What skill sets do you required?
What roles do you need filled?
What's required - hardware? Soft skills?

There are also lots of other great questions posted in the thread by other Canreef members.

I understand the concept of co-ops - MEC, REI evolved into million dollar companies.

What's your objective? Membership? Vision?

Thoughts?

All good questions.
Skill sets required.....how about simply the desire and drive to do something positive.
Roles to be filled.....Once we get the stuff into storage we can assess roles
What is required......again not an immediate answer.
Once we get goods into storage the logical next move would be to form a committee of some sort and take a good hard honest run at this. Obviously the combined first objective would be to source out a facility, which would directly affect immediate scope, and in turn the hardware.......and so on. This may have an oportunity to morph into something much larger, but that is thinking way too far out of the box and off point to where we need to begin. Which is getting usable goods out of current location and into storage. That is the "rush" part.
From there deliberate, exercised due diligence will take over and from there the rest will dictate our direction.
Monday I will be able to meet with the general contractor and nail down the "exit plan".......the heavy lifting part, the most important part, as without it we have nothing to build upon. But once again, anyone with agenda for personal gain should just scroll past this post.

Scarrao
03-13-2016, 06:46 AM
let me know if you need any help... always willing to lend a hand

maron6977
03-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Following along . I'm interested in helping out , if needed.

dino
03-13-2016, 04:44 PM
I could possibly help from time to time if it works out with the work/family schedule

input80
03-13-2016, 08:34 PM
I'll be able to offer some help. all depending on where it will be located.

reefwithareefer
03-13-2016, 11:14 PM
I am interested in helping out

Always wondered why there was no coop of this type around.

I can offer up a place to store all/some of the stuff in Abby temporarily.

Can help set up as I am a carpenter by trade with plumbing and electrical experience and I am obviously in the hobby.

I can offer 2 hrs a week over the long haul.

hillegom
03-13-2016, 11:44 PM
I would be interested in helping out.
As others said, depending on when and where.
Presently doing a kitchen reno as we had a leak in the RO canisters.
CHANGE O RINGS!!!

So let me know