PDA

View Full Version : Customer service from Tunze

KTV
03-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Anyone with good experience with Tunze customer service?

My nano osmolator decided to go crazy and continuously dump water into my tank the other two weeks ago, woke up to the sound of water dripping and luckily we caught it just as it was spilling over the tank and minimized the damage. It's a pretty simple unit so narrowed it down to either the float switch or the control unit. Bought it less than 8 months ago and Concepts advised that I'll have to go through warranty but trying to get a hold of Tunze is impossible, tried their contact form on their website and emailed them directly over a week now and no response.

Just ended up getting a JBJ unit from another member but wondering if anyone has similar experience with the osmolator or Tunze warranty claims?

Reef Supplies
03-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Did you email Tunze USA or Xenia?

Canadians need to go through http://www.xeniainc.com/tunze/

intarsiabox
03-09-2016, 12:46 AM
You would think if the email went to Tunze USA they would have the courtesy of letting people know where they should be directing their inquiries rather than ignoring them.

KTV
03-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info!

I reached out to Xenia and Phil got back to me this morning. He mentioned that he didn't receive any request from Tunze USA but has advised me as to next steps. Will follow this through and see how it goes.

He did reference this post so it's great to see that vendors are indeed watching forums to make sure customers are satisfied.

fixerupper
03-09-2016, 04:06 PM
I had an issue with a Tunze 6095 purchased in the USA but then brought home to Edmonton. Cross border warrantee issues can be tricky. From advice received from Canreef members I contacted Roger from Tunze through the RC forum and he took care of it immediately with no hassle. Great customer service IMO.

:biggrin: