PDA

View Full Version : LF: Nuisance Algae

Peter Peng
03-04-2016, 01:18 AM
This is a very odd request, but I am looking for as much nuisance algae as possible for a science report.

Preferably fast replicating algae as well as free floating. Im looking to get as much of each species of algae as possible to fill a bucket.

If you have a large tank with lots of diatoms , cyano, dinoflagellates, or any other kind of algae please PM me or text me.

I can give you a frag or two in return

Thanks

778 968 7320

George
03-04-2016, 02:24 AM
This is a very odd request, but I am looking for as much nuisance algae as possible for a science report.

Preferably fast replicating algae as well as free floating. Im looking to get as much of each species of algae as possible to fill a bucket.

If you have a large tank with lots of diatoms , cyano, dinoflagellates, or any other kind of algae please PM me or text me.

I can give you a frag or two in return

Thanks

778 968 7320

If this is indeed a science report and you are writing about algae, then you are going to fail it for sure. The 3 "things" that you listed "diatoms , cyano, dinoflagellates", only diatoms are algae. Cyano and dino are not.

Peter Peng
03-04-2016, 03:27 AM
If this is indeed a science report and you are writing about algae, then you are going to fail it for sure. The 3 "things" that you listed "diatoms , cyano, dinoflagellates", only diatoms are algae. Cyano and dino are not.

Thanks for letting me know on my mistake, I forgot to mention that I will only be using diatoms for my controlled factor and I will be using the other protists on observing what effect it has on the growth of diatoms. Im relating this to some of the algae blooms here on the west coast.

Thanks for the response and my bad for confusing you

Peter Peng
03-04-2016, 03:29 AM
A used algae scrubber would be perfect for me, and I could pay for a new one if anyone is interested in letting theirs go. Thanks :biggrin: