PDA

View Full Version : Canon T5i LED Photo Suggestions

gobytron
03-01-2016, 05:09 PM
So, I was pretty happy with the way my pics were turning out under CF lighting but I recently bought a very strong LED that has the Cree Fiji Blue chips.

The corals look amazing but I cannot get that to transfer into a decent FTS.

Anyone familiar with Canon have any suggestions for best settings?

Help appreciated.

crimper
03-01-2016, 07:12 PM
White Balance Card does the trick, however why do the hassle while you can shoot RAW and adjust WB as desired in Photoshop. My 2 cents. :wink:

gobytron
03-01-2016, 07:24 PM
White Balance Card does the trick, however why do the hassle while you can shoot RAW and adjust WB as desired in Photoshop. My 2 cents. :wink:

cool.

I was reading to just shoot raw, then adjust to 20K...

Will give that a shot.

Coasting
03-01-2016, 07:48 PM
I dont use my Rebel series camera anymore but I have the 7D. I set my WB to 10,000k and adjust saturation levels directly on the camera so photos come out the way I see them with no editing.

WarDog
03-01-2016, 09:16 PM
... why do the hassle while you can shoot RAW and adjust WB as desired in Photoshop.

That is altering the photo in post, which is a huge concern in this hobby. Colour correction should be done in camera, not in a post app like photoshop.

...and don't get me started on brown corals photoshopped to look like Rainbows.

gobytron
03-01-2016, 09:18 PM
seems like semantics if the end result is the same...

Plus, I'm not taking pictures to market anything, so prob not a big deal from that angle.

intarsiabox
03-02-2016, 03:52 AM
I don't see the difference in adjusting the white balance with Canon software vs Adobe software, except Adobe will give you a lot more gradients. Shooting RAW is great, especially if you don't want the camera to decide for you how it edits the image. It also allows the photographer to learn the camera settings so you can take good photos without having to edit but still retain full detail and uncompressed images. If your lighting is going to be the same you can always put a gray card in the tank, have your camera measure it and save it as a Custom WB setting in the camera to use when taking photos in the tank.