PDA

View Full Version : was someone taking notes?

reefburnaby
01-27-2002, 05:13 PM
Hi,

There were several discussion topic during the meeting. But, the discussion was based on what we were going to do about the future of this club. We really didn't decide and we have a topic on this board on what we want in the club. We should also have people come foreward to become prez, vic-prez, treasure and etc.

One topic that was brought up was club sponsorship. By hosting the club's discussion group on canreef, would other aquarium stores be willing to sponsor us ? There is a bit of competition since canreef sells neptune for less than ...say big al's. The other problem was cost of hosting a seperate site (I think Darren said $150 a month...but I think we can get it for cheaper).

Should we push for discounts from our LFS ? Well, most said sure but a 15% discount at big al's might be more expensive than buying regular price stuff from hydroponics or J&Ls.

Another point that was brought up was that we need more exposure and advertisement of our club. Most reefs in the lower mainland do not know that there is even a club. So, we need to make ourselves more aware.

And, of course, everybody wanted to see the domolite in action. Other interesting equipment in the tank was the DIY calcium reactor (driven with a Maxijet 400) and the powerhead drive spraybar.

- Victor.

[ 27 January 2002: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]</p>

StirCrazy
01-27-2002, 07:55 PM
thanks victor

Steve

StirCrazy
01-28-2002, 04:48 AM
images/smiles/icon_smile.gif did some one take notes aat the meating for thoes of us who were unable to atend? images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding but I am curiouse to what went one images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
well back to painting..

Steve

[ 27 January 2002: Message edited by: StirCrazy ]</p>