PDA

View Full Version : LF: 120g+ 4ft RR tank in southern BC

Coasting
02-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Wahoo! I got permission to upgrade. Happy dance!
Pays to have family that want the tank in their house even if I'm not there!

Looking for about a 120g tank. Ive got room for something 4ft wide in the spot I'm thinking of, so a 120 gallon (4x2x2) would be ideal, but if you have something deeper front to back, that would work as well. I want to cram the maximum amount of gallons I can into my 4ft space.

Ideally drilled, but I know there are people on here I could probably get to help me with that.
Stand/no stand, we know how to build stuff so that's fine.
And as odd as it sounds, I like the ones with the black plastic trim over rimless and eurobraced.
I will look at full setups, partial, whatever you have. Preference going to tank/stand/sump together. Id like to customize my equipment and re-use stuff on my current tank.

Just want to see whats out there, otherwise I will look into purchasing new perhaps around summertime.

~~ Please let me know what you have, how old, glass thickness, condition of silicone, etc... and price.
I don't mind driving for the right tank.

Thank you!

Coasting
02-14-2016, 05:15 PM
I feel I need to add some specifics....

I am on Van Island right now. Will not be back until ... Mid March or something like that. If I can find a setup by then, fantastic, I can get it set up and cycling while I am over and not worry about moving fish/coral over until closer to summer. Getting more then 1 offer, I will be comparing and choosing the tank in the best condition.

Please let me know how old the tank you have is.
Please send photos of the setup, as well as photos of the silicone condition, both the silicone between the glass and on the inside of the tank. I believe my family wants some extra assurance they wont have 120 gallons of water flooding the living room.

I am not to worried about the "prettiness" of the stand, I can always build a new one. Biggest concern is the silicone holding 120 gallons of water in a tank and away from the floor :)

Thanks again!

reidcam
02-20-2016, 11:22 PM
Have a 120 gallon full set up FOWLR tank for sale up and running, will sell as package and fish too but need it gone asap. Tank is 4 x 2 x 2 black stand, skimmer pump light, etc.

Coasting
02-20-2016, 11:33 PM
Ive got pumps and powerheads. I dont need a package deal.
I dont want somebody elses fish ive still got my own.
And as i all ready posted im on the island.... so asap doesnt work lol
Im really only looking for tank/stand/sump perhaps equipment if it was a good deal but definitely dont need rock or fish.

Zacktosterone
03-05-2016, 09:44 PM
I've got a 6 month old 120 gallon rimless 3 panel Starshine. It has a white acrylic bottom and it has a dry pipe for wires. I paid 2000 for it from Derek. Asking for 1000. I will ship it and I can get you an awesome quote but I will not pay for the shipping. We are upgrading and need it out of the way

Coasting
03-06-2016, 02:13 AM
Yeah thats way more then i would ever spend on a tank.....

Actually ended up buying a brand new RR 150 from J&L, they were great about all my questions and holding it in the store until im back.
Get to set it up in 2 weeks hurroh!

Zacktosterone
03-06-2016, 04:10 AM
Yeah thats way more then i would ever spend on a tank.....

Actually ended up buying a brand new RR 150 from J&L, they were great about all my questions and holding it in the store until im back.
Get to set it up in 2 weeks hurroh!

Wasn't sure what your idea of a reef ready tank was. Hope you enjoy

Coasting
03-06-2016, 04:24 AM
Reef ready usually means drilled with an overflow of some sort, so it can be plumbed with a sump and what not.
Which is what i got from j&l

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-06-2016, 04:42 AM
Reef ready usually means drilled with an overflow of some sort, so it can be plumbed with a sump and what not.

Yup, that's my definition of Reef Ready aquarium too. An undrilled tank is just an aquarium, whether its brand name or custom, and NOT considered a RR aquarium.

Frank Infanti
03-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Send me a number where I can text a pic.

Just lowered my 120G 2x2x4 rank with stand & canopy to $500

Coasting
03-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Send me a number where I can text a pic.

Just lowered my 120G 2x2x4 rank with stand & canopy to $500

You do realise I had all ready contacted you about that tank right? The moment I told you that I had 2 other tanks offered to me and what their prices were, you wouldn't even give me the time of day.

Frank Infanti
03-06-2016, 11:58 PM
Well sorry you feel that. I'm not always free to check messages.

Good luck

Coasting
03-07-2016, 12:03 AM
And as I said yesterday...
I all ready have a tank waiting for me at J&L. I'm not going to deal with somebodys resealed mess. And it was cheaper then some of these used ones are going for. Holy cow....