PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a 220-300 gallon aquarium on east coast of Canada

krazycanuck2011
02-07-2016, 01:09 AM
Shipping is a HUGE factor for costing guys. I am looking for a large 220-300 gallon aquarium. I live in St. John's, everyone here seems to stick with Marineland. I have a 75 gallon from them now, and its ok, but there is problems with the workmanship. One side of the aquarium is not flush with one pane. Sealed fine, just not assembled correctly / glass cut incorrectly.

Anyhow, to mitigate these issues I am looking for an affordable tank to rehome all my corals and tangs.

I need suggestions, please help. Keep in mind costing is a factor. I am looking to keep costing all in for under $2500 Canadian.

Aquattro
02-07-2016, 01:20 AM
I've seen a couple of the ML tanks (300g) that were well put together. Only other option I'm aware of is Concept in Calgary, who typically provide good pricing even after shipping. You are a ways away though, so might go over budget. I think Marineland 300g is right around your price point.

corpusse
02-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Miracles is another option but also expensive.

How about making your own either out of plywood acrylic or even glass? The king of diy builds lots of huge tanks out of various materials and is also on the east coast. Watch some of his videos on youtube.