PDA

View Full Version : DE Pendants - PFO

wayner
10-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Does anyone know if these PFO DE Pendants mount flush to the top of a wood canopy or do you have to have to hang them from the top of the canopy???? :confused:

Thanks

AJ_77
10-26-2004, 05:01 PM
See if you can find Lofus's (Jim's) thread where he chronicles the construction of his canopy for his 72 gal. I think he hung a pair of DE pendants in there...

wayner
10-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks Alan, I'm a little surprised, it seems so far, that not many people mount the DE Pendants inside there wood canopy, I'd like to go this route, but I'd have to mount them to the top of the lid, my canopy isn't tall enough to hang them.

Acro
10-26-2004, 11:20 PM
Wayner2, I run mine in my canopy but hang them from it. I can't see why you wouldn't be able to rig something. The only think I can think of is you may want some air between the pendant and the wood? canopy. I'm not sure if that would be an issue but it's the only concern that I could think of.

Also mine are the old pendants so I'm not familiar with the mounting/hanging method of the new style pendant.

wayner
10-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Thanks Jamie, do your pendants have eye bolts on them for hanging?, was wondering if I screwed a couple of hooks into the canopy then close them after there through the eye bolts. :confused:

Acro
10-27-2004, 03:13 AM
Yeah they had eye bolts. I brought them to Home Depot and matched them up with the appropriate bolts that would fit through the canopy and hang at the correct height I was looking for. (I drilled holes in the canopy)