PDA

View Full Version : DI Resin

Skim
02-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone is having problems with DI resin that was bought from Reef Supplies Canada, specifically not trurning Colour before needing change and very fast usage time.

Skim

duncangweller
02-03-2016, 06:21 PM
I hope not as I just bought 2 bags of the stuff

Skim
02-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Just keep an eye on it. I just changed my pre filter and one of my carbon filters
and both DI canisters on Jan 16th and today I am reading 1 ppp out from first DI canister. I worked it out and would say 170 to 200 gal of water at 5 ppm went threw the resin. I don't know but it seems a little low to me for life span at 5 ppm input.

Skim

mark
02-03-2016, 07:54 PM
not all resins are indicating type (made to change colour).

Reef Supplies
02-03-2016, 08:03 PM
As stated on the other forum where you stared the same thread:

Our DI comes in 540 LBS batches and each btach has 12 x 45LBS bags. This means that IF there is an issue we can pinpoint the batch by 45 lbs increments.

As im sure you know, DI capacity has a lot to do with the pre-filter stages and membrane. LOTS of hobbyists don't know that they have to replace their membranes, most don't even have TDS meters and the ones that do are still reading water in and water out. Instead of membrane out and clean water out. In other words, they have no idea what they are putting into their DI.

Put in crap and you burn through DI in no time (please contact us if you have any questions concerning this).

I'm not ruling out a "bad batch" as it can happen. As I stated in the other forum, We need YOUR help to try and solve this issue IF there is indeed an issue.

I need you to email me personally, my email is rayATreefsupplies.ca

Email me the following:

- Purchase date or invoice ID
- Sediment / carbon age
- membrane age and type

And how many gallons approx. have you made with the DI until you saw a TDS of 1

Once we have this info we may be able to pinpoint IF there was a batch issue. We will email every single client who bought 1 moth prior and 1 ,month past you purchase date.

Thanks,
Ray

hillegom
02-04-2016, 01:15 AM
Make sure the container that you use to test the outflow from the DI is very clean.
I use a glass container after I found something leaching out of my plastic cup.