PDA

View Full Version : jebao cp 40

monocus
02-02-2016, 03:52 AM
looks like jebao has com out with their answer to the maxspect gyre.over 1/2 the cost less,and for $50 more a wi fi controller.p might try one out to see how long the motor lasts

Proteus
02-02-2016, 03:53 AM
Link

Proteus
02-02-2016, 03:55 AM
Never just got the email

Aquattro
02-02-2016, 04:15 AM
http://www.fish-street.com/jebao_wifi_cross_flow_pump_cp-40

mrhasan
02-02-2016, 05:18 AM
All sold out within like 8 to 10 hours.

msjboy
02-02-2016, 05:30 AM
And lawsuits might be on the way'in America https://reefbuilders.com/2015/12/30/maxspect-sends-warning-jebaos-crossflow-wave-making-pump/

mrhasan
02-02-2016, 05:35 AM
And lawsuits might be on the way'in America https://reefbuilders.com/2015/12/30/maxspect-sends-warning-jebaos-crossflow-wave-making-pump/

I maybe wrong but maxspect doesn't have a patent yet. It's in application stage so a lawsuite based on patent infringement may not be possible until it gets approved. But Jebao definitely copied maxspect point to point in this one. One asian company sending waring to another asian company, the irony :mrgreen: both of these are probably manufactured in the same factory. :biggrin:

input80
02-02-2016, 07:18 AM
Ordered 2 & forgot the damn wi-fi option. Will see how it goes.

gobytron
02-02-2016, 03:28 PM
USA patents mean nothing in China.

There is no real enforcement in China, no real recourse for manufacturers.

NA based retailers can be sued...that's about it.

mike31154
02-02-2016, 04:31 PM
So you now (or when they're back in stock) have the option of buying a product even more cheaply made than the original product of questionable quality? Frankly putting something like this with an electrical cord in my tank, at 1/2 price of a similar product would make me nervous. Don't care whether it's a low piece of hardware in the water, somewhere up the line it still hooks up to 120VAC and if they can manufacture it so cheaply as to undercut the original, well...... knock yourself out, I won't be camping on the doorstep for one of these.

I think there may be a post or 2 on this subject on our fine forum here as well.

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/maxspect-gyre-buyer-beware.204827/

gobytron
02-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Just because something costs less, doesn't automatically mean there is an inferior build quality.

They could be taking less margin and using the same factory.

They could have better distribution channels and are saving a tonne on freight.

I would wait for a side by side comparison before readily stating it is or isn't an equivalent product.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Unknown build quality & being some corporation's test-bunny are two reasons I am NOT a First-Adopter.

The only time I did that was with the Tunze Nano-Streams and I was burned. Dropped several hundred on a pre-order and then it turns out the manufacturer used the wrong type of plastic and mine never worked properly. The holder broke apart. The clip holding the stream together broke off. Got the holder eventually replaced but that first batch was never any good. I only took a chance on buying the first-run batch because it was Tunze, a supposedly superior German brand. I'm sure their later production runs of the nano-stream are great but this is why I wouldn't chance it on the new Gyre-clones.

gobytron
02-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Unknown build quality & being some corporation's test-bunny are two reasons I am NOT a First-Adopter.

The only time I did that was with the Tunze Nano-Streams and I was burned. Dropped several hundred on a pre-order and then it turns out the manufacturer used the wrong type of plastic and mine never worked properly. The holder broke apart. The clip holding the stream together broke off. Got the holder eventually replaced but that first batch was never any good. I only took a chance on buying the first-run batch because it was Tunze, a supposedly superior German brand. I'm sure their later production runs of the nano-stream are great but this is why I wouldn't chance it on the new Gyre-clones.

You definitely don't want to be the guinea pig but in the age of the internet, with information flowing so fast, you don't have to be.

I remember when Bubble Magus first came about and everyone was so concerned with this Bubble King knock off...

That one turned out pretty decent.

it's not always a losing proposition.

but I'm with Anthony and would rather someone else spend their money first.