PDA

View Full Version : Brad how's your Algae problem

TNTCanada
10-26-2004, 01:15 AM
I had a similar out break lasted all summer just starting to disappear this past few weeks. BAD BAD stuff.

P.S. Great to see we're a somebody now. Go Vancouver Islanders

Aquattro
10-26-2004, 01:58 AM
A herd and a half of snails seems to be taking care of it for now. Problem is these turbos do more damage than the algae did!! :razz:

muck
10-26-2004, 02:40 AM
A herd and a half of snails seems to be taking care of it for now. Problem is these turbos do more damage than the algae did!! :razz:
How so..?? :confused:

StirCrazy
10-26-2004, 03:13 AM

:mrgreen:

they will have to trained in no time of where they think you should be putting corals.

Steve

Aquattro
10-26-2004, 03:58 AM
Muck, they're like little bulldozers. They knock corals all over the place, even though they're puttied onto rocks!!

muck
10-26-2004, 04:21 AM
Aaahh. I wasn't sure if thats what you were talking about or some other problem... :mrgreen:

JohnM99
11-01-2004, 03:02 AM
I just had a bad algae outbreak (brown hair algae). Couldn't figure it out - - THEN - I discovered that the ball valve diverting flow to my refugium had been slightly altered, and the flow had really dropped a lot. It is full of caulerpa - and the fact the flow dropped meant that there was enough nutrient for algae - and the caulerpa was getting starved. Phosphate and nitrate stayed zero (eaten by the algae).

Mostly fixed within a week or so of turning back up the fuge flow.

Should have used a gate valve instead of a ball valve.