PDA

View Full Version : Big Show Frags Review

Blind River Joe
01-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Just wanted to post a note here about a purchase that I made from Big Show Frags. I made a purchase from them this week and was very satisfied with the product that I received. I got and open brain coral, gold torch and a clam from them. All items were shipped from Big Show to me in Vancouver B.C. All corals and the clam were all well packaged and arrived alive. I found Dave easy to deal with and he gave me great customer service. He was prompt with a refund when I made a mistake and sent him an over payment via PayPal. This was my first purchase from them and I would purchase from Big Show again should they have items that I want.

Thanks

KPG007
01-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Funny, Big Show Dave has been less then friendly to me. He has refused to let me use my refund he owes me as part of a group buy. He insists that I pay for shipping. All this after him getting me kicked off of Canreef.

Buyer beware.

Bblinks
01-29-2016, 04:42 PM
I didn't think you can advertise for non vendors anyways....:drama::drama:

WarDog
01-29-2016, 06:23 PM
I didn't think you can advertise for non vendors anyways....:drama::drama:

You can't, this is a review. All members are permitted to post a positive or negative review of any service, business or product, so long as it's constructive criticism. Of course good etiquette must be observed at all times.

Bblinks
01-29-2016, 06:32 PM
You can't, this is a review. All members are permitted to post a positive or negative review of any service, business or product, so long as it's constructive criticism. Of course good etiquette must be observed at all times.

Thanks for clarifying it for me.

Blind River Joe
01-29-2016, 08:28 PM
Hey:

I was just trying to post something positive. Kind of starting to wish I had not but the post out there. I was just trying to tell people about a experience I had through a transaction I made. I like to leave feed back when I buy something on line in hopes that it helps other people make and informed decision before they spend their cash. All I got from my transaction with Big Show Frags was what I ordered and good service nothing else. I'm not advertising for them and got nothing in return for my post.

Aquattro
01-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Guys, I think the comment Warren made was "reviews are acceptable if they are constructive". Bashing isn't really constructive.

This shop also did not initiate any rules on the board, that was done by myself in response to various complaints from multiple sources.

kien
01-30-2016, 12:22 AM
You can all see from this thread that out of goodwill we would like to allow reviews of vendors, even if they are non-sponsoring vendors. As my colleagues have said though, we would like to keep the reviews constructive. If you had a good experience, we want to hear about it. If you had a bad experience, we would like to hear about it. I think this is helpful for everyone involved.

So, if you conducted business with this vendor and would like to share your experience, do so. If you DID NOT conduct any business with this vendor then you probably don't have any experience to share.

As a reminder, we are allowing this out of good faith, but please don't over extend that good will or we will be forced to re-evaluate this policy.

acepumping
01-30-2016, 01:34 AM
Funny, Big Show Dave has been less then friendly to me. He has refused to let me use my refund he owes me as part of a group buy. He insists that I pay for shipping. All this after him getting me kicked off of Canreef.

Buyer beware.

Well,, I have a group buy going on right now. I talked do him and he said if we get free shipping, you can throw your credit in... I dont think he ever refused the credit..

Coasting
01-30-2016, 01:48 AM
I tried to place an order from Big Show a few years back... 2 or so years... Cant remember exactly 2013 sometime I think? Prior to him being a vendor on here either way.
I had great communication while I picked out what I wanted. Then all of a sudden all communication stopped. I sent numerous emails and even attempted phoning and watched other people get orders from him, while I couldn't get a single thing out of him.
I had more then $500 worth in frags picked out. Not sure if it was because I wasn't a group buy so 1 person isn't worth it... or I asked too many questions but apparently I wasn't worth Big Shows business.
So I will NEVER be giving my money to a place that cant even be bothered to return my emails.
Not to mention how intensely photo shopped and over priced those frags are now.

acepumping
01-31-2016, 04:43 PM
I tried to place an order from Big Show a few years back... 2 or so years... Cant remember exactly 2013 sometime I think? Prior to him being a vendor on here either way.
I had great communication while I picked out what I wanted. Then all of a sudden all communication stopped. I sent numerous emails and even attempted phoning and watched other people get orders from him, while I couldn't get a single thing out of him.
I had more then $500 worth in frags picked out. Not sure if it was because I wasn't a group buy so 1 person isn't worth it... or I asked too many questions but apparently I wasn't worth Big Shows business.
So I will NEVER be giving my money to a place that cant even be bothered to return my emails.
Not to mention how intensely photo shopped and over priced those frags are now.

When you take 1000 pics a month, it generally gets set to one setting. I have some proof that it's not photoshopped.. just simple white balanced pics

EDIT: Pics removed because they contained links to non-vendor website and inventory pictures.

acepumping
01-31-2016, 04:52 PM
When you take 1000 pics a month, it generally gets set to one setting. I have some proof that it's not photoshopped.. just simple white balanced pics

EDIT: LOL!!.

here corrected. Better? Proving a point.. NO LINKS!!!

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r762/acepumping2012/Mobile%20Uploads/OI000052_zpsn26nkqjn.jpg (http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/acepumping2012/media/Mobile%20Uploads/OI000052_zpsn26nkqjn.jpg.html)

That's fine. I'll fix it.. ����

Why did you remove my pics though. There were 3 of mine

kien
01-31-2016, 05:42 PM
Why did you remove my pics though. There were 3 of mine

Ya, that was an accident, sorry :-)

I did have to remove another photo in your last post though. No non-sponsoring vendor inventory pictures. When there's a picture with the vendor's name watermark splashed across the image, I'm gonna call that a vendor inventory picture :-)

acepumping
01-31-2016, 05:44 PM
Ya, that was an accident, sorry :-)

I did have to remove another photo in your last post though. No non-sponsoring vendor inventory pictures. When there's a picture with the vendor's name watermark splashed across the image, I'm gonna call that a vendor inventory picture :-)

It's not a link though

kien
01-31-2016, 05:46 PM
It's not a link though

That is correct, it is not a link :-) But it is an inventory photo, which is a no-no.

acepumping
01-31-2016, 05:47 PM
That is correct, it is not a link :-) But it is an inventory photo, which is a no-no.

Lol ok ok. Give me a few

Proteus
01-31-2016, 10:43 PM
I've done coral and fish orders from Dave.. Havealways had great service from him

Canadian_taz37
01-31-2016, 11:54 PM
I have to agree with Proteus and Bilndriver Joe. I received a shipment last week and was amazed by the time and quality packaging care and willingness to answer questions I had about my order. Then when the corals opened up I was amazed by there healthyness and colour.

Thank you Bigshow

kien
02-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Public Service Announcement:

Some of you have been talking about group-buys. If you're wondering where those posts went, I took the liberty of moving them to the group-buy thread that Acepumping started in the Buy/Sell. Thank you for your continued cooperation. Have a nice day.

ABreefkpr
02-03-2016, 01:13 AM
I've done coral and fish orders from Dave.. Havealways had great service from him

I was involved in a group buy with you. I ordered one piece but if I remember right the whole order showed up near dead. I never asked but for a refund but I have been a little shy about ordering from them again.

Proteus
02-03-2016, 01:40 AM
I was involved in a group buy with you. I ordered one piece but if I remember right the whole order showed up near dead. I never asked but for a refund but I have been a little shy about ordering from them again.

That would have been the first order. No not everything showed up DOA. I never lost any frags there was a few yellow passion frags lost and a couple other I don't recall. He did credit the DOA

acepumping
02-03-2016, 04:51 AM
Why is this in the for sale side anyways.
Cant we start a vendor section. Where we can talk then

WarDog
02-03-2016, 05:02 AM
Cant we start a vendor section.

We have a vendor area. Non-sponsor vendor chit chat and GB's go in the buy/sell/trade forums.