PDA

View Full Version : AIO bio pellets

moosehead
01-26-2016, 03:51 AM
Just bought some All-in-one bio pellets and my tank turned cloudy, been cloudy for around 2 days wondering how long I should expect this and if that meens it's working. I started with little than half the recomended dose but my nitrates are around 50 ppm my old skimmer broke and i was out of town for 2 weeks working and could get a new skimmer till now. It was a berlin classic 250 and didn't work much as it was so i upgraded to a vertex omega 150, i put the output from the reactor directly into the skimmer intake but the skimmer wasn't working properly for half a day because of cheato in the impeller. How long does it generally take for the pellets to really start working cause my corals are ****ed at me right now lost a acro today. Did a %25 water change but need to go outta town again so it's up to the wife wich meens tank is on cruise control for 2 weeks. Will there be noticeable reduction in nitrates in 2 weeks time? Love to hear from someone with some experiece in this..Thanks alot

hfp75
01-26-2016, 03:25 PM
I now use Bio-Cubes - works way better and WAY easier to use.

moosehead
01-26-2016, 04:31 PM
IL look it up

moosehead
01-26-2016, 04:52 PM
I now use Bio-Cubes - works way better and WAY easier to use.

Who makes those bio cubes?I try google and it brings up nano tanks lol.

My water has cleared up today only a tiny but of cloudy Ness left over, new skimmer is working great funny when you have a piece of crap then actually get a propper working piece of equipment the difference is unreal !looks like my nitrates have gone down a but around d 35-40 not sure if it's the pellets or a properly working skimmer.

moosehead
01-26-2016, 07:35 PM
Are those bio cubes your using the ones with titanium in them?

hfp75
01-26-2016, 08:29 PM
Nitra-Guard BioCubes, Im not using the Titanium. Titanium would be for a tank with no po4

they are in canada at reef concept.

moosehead
01-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Your liking them?

hfp75
01-26-2016, 10:20 PM
Yes