PDA

View Full Version : Is my RBTA special?

Fishy!
01-26-2016, 02:13 AM
I bought this as a "special" RBTA for about 40% more than the others in the tank. I've been reading all these posts about sunburst and rainbow $300 anemones and was wondering if mine had a special name or if I just got taken for a ride? It was defineately different than the other "plain" RBTA's.
http://i.imgur.com/WUimxfx.jpg

somafish
01-26-2016, 04:11 AM
That sir is your run of the mill garbage bubble tip anemone, if you like you can send it to me for proper disposal. Seriously tho it looks like a flame tip from here, which is a nice nem. It's easier to tell when they are bubbled up and you can see the color of the base

Apo Reefer
01-26-2016, 07:10 AM
I think that's a Purple LTA, that's definitely not an RBTA. Just saw a couple at J&L today.

Fishy!
01-26-2016, 10:49 AM
That sir is your run of the mill garbage bubble tip anemone, if you like you can send it to me for proper disposal. Seriously tho it looks like a flame tip from here, which is a nice nem. It's easier to tell when they are bubbled up and you can see the color of the base

Thanks. That was honestly my thought when I saw it in the store. It was bubbled in the store and shrunk down to about 1/4 the size. It had bubble for the first day in my tank then it opened right up and it hasn't had any bubbles since. Maybe the odd bubble on one or two tentacles.

Fishy!
01-26-2016, 10:52 AM
I think that's a Purple LTA, that's definitely not an RBTA. Just saw a couple at J&L today.

I don't wanna say your wrong as I'm no anemone expert. It did have bubbles tips in the store and at home for the first day tho. Do LTA's bubble up from time to time?

spit.fire
01-26-2016, 02:53 PM
I don't wanna say your wrong as I'm no anemone expert. It did have bubbles tips in the store and at home for the first day tho. Do LTA's bubble up from time to time?

I'll do it, he's wrong. Its a bta. Hard to tell colors from the picture tho so its impossible to say if its anything special

hfp75
01-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Definitely a RBTA Flame tip. Nice Nem.

The other RBTA is a darker red with purple dots on the tips.....

They can bubble up or have long tentacles. Depends on your lighting, water & its feeding habbits.

Try feeding it a few frozen krill.... My BTAs love Krill - I was cutting up silver sides but the krill works better - just turn off your powerhead.

Fishy!
01-26-2016, 11:46 PM
I'll do it, he's wrong. Its a bta. Hard to tell colors from the picture tho so its impossible to say if its anything special

Colours are pretty true to life. What appears blue is deep purple.