PDA

View Full Version : Calcium, dKH and mag help

Kaso78
01-25-2016, 08:06 PM
I've been doing a lot of reading and for some reason I still can't find a simple solution to my question. I started with a fowlr tank but when the lfs closed up they had a massive sale so I bought a few items 2 mushrooms, zoas and an nem. I had been measuring my cal/dKH levels and noticed a decline. So far the levels are within normal parameters with the calcium at the low end now 400. I have been doing water changes but that's just slowing it down . is there a product that can add without screwing up the ratio? Like a dummy solution to this?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-25-2016, 10:36 PM
Not for everyone, but I use Kalkwasser. Google Kalk or Kalkwasser for reefs. Do NOT overdose but added slowly, kalk bumps up both Calcium and Alk levels. I also does Mg.

Kaso78
01-26-2016, 12:25 AM
Thank you

Myka
01-26-2016, 01:28 AM
How big is your tank?

Kaso78
01-26-2016, 01:36 AM
75g. I went to the lfs and they recommended nano one. It is a balanced powder that they use in their tanks.

Myka
01-26-2016, 02:16 AM
I'd recommend the Tailored Aquatics line. It's liquid and easy to dose a capful or two. On a big tank or high demand tank it's expensive, but a low demand tank your size is the perfect customer. :)

Magnesium I would buy in dry form though since you use a ton of it to boost Mg even a little. Put it into your water change water to boost it up a but rather than dosing the tank directly. Once Mg is at a good level and the new saltwater is at an appropriate level (many salt mixes are low) then it's easy to maintain -it won't get used up fast.

Kaso78
01-26-2016, 04:13 AM
Thank you for that info. I will check out those products