PDA

View Full Version : "stupid" 'neme's

Fin2you
01-23-2016, 02:11 PM
I love 'neme's. I have 2 beautiful specimens. Gorgeous in fact. They should be out prominent in my tank showing off their splendor. BUT NO; 1 is hiding on the back side of a rock & the other is inside my rocky tavern cropping.
:peep:
here are my only good pictures of the stupid creatures. :sad:

hillegom
01-24-2016, 12:10 AM
How long have you had them?
Maybe they are just a little shy until they get used to the surroundings.
Any larger fish harassing them?

Fin2you
01-24-2016, 02:54 PM
1 has been in my tank just under a mth, the other just a couple of days. I haven't seen any of my fish ever go near either.

Coasting
01-24-2016, 03:23 PM
Whats your lighting, flow, tank, etc like? Thats definitely not what happy nems look like.

Ace Storman
01-24-2016, 05:10 PM
I have 8 assorted nems in my tank. When I initially got them, they moved around the tank searching for that correct spot, looking for water flow, right amount of light and the right 'hole' in which to duck into when resting. Both bubble tips found their spot and have not moved in several month's. Coloring improved and they have tripled in size. The saba anemone, (about 12-14' across) I wanted on a particular rock. I put it there, he stayed put for about 1 month then decided to move around in search for better water flow. Ended up up top on the over flow grates. I moved him back to the original rock and placed a Jebao rw-4 on a very gentle flow of 20 percent, 3 seconds on 4 seconds off. Been there ever since and coloring is great, growing in size as time goes on. Nems are filter feeders and do require decent (gentle, not too aggressive) water movement. I target feed them all some mysis and raw shrimp twice a week which they readily accept. The carpet nem found a low spot in the sand, planted its foot right to the glass bottom of the tank and has not moved since. The three tube nems are spaced through out the tank and have not moved. Tunze power heads set up via apex controller to created gently waves take care of their water movement.

Fin2you
01-24-2016, 08:12 PM
ya the photo's I posted were the best I have managed of the 2 of them. They are very happy in the spots they have settled in, they are just not very visible spots of the tank.. They do have minds of their own.
I guess I need to accept & find a different coral that will look nice in the "empty" spot... Actually I got a cool frag rock on Friday which has 2 different mushrooms on it. the 1 I could remove from the rock frag & put in the spot I was hoping to get the neme to settle on.

toytech
01-24-2016, 09:37 PM
How smart do you think they are ? They don't have brains , eyes , noses , ears or a butt that's not their mouth . Amazing they do as well as they do , and manage to find the most hidden spot in peoples tanks ,that's why ive given up on them .

Fin2you
01-26-2016, 12:50 PM
They are beautiful to look at & it is funny where they end up happy. Someone else has one attached to a snail!

The Guy
01-26-2016, 03:36 PM
One of my long tube anemonie's turned inward facing into the rockwork, I turned it back around and reburied him back into the sand facing out again last week.
I guess he's Pi**ed at me and having a hissie fit he hasn't showed himself out of his neck since. I turned them before and they usually are back out within a day or two. Anyone else had this happen and should I be concerned? :noidea: