PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Juice Kicks *ss!

dirtyreefer
10-25-2004, 04:10 PM
I bought some Joe's Juice from Wendell and Jack's frag swap, and boom! Aiptaisia completely gone! I used it on about 6 anemones and they pretty much disintegrated into a buncha white dust.

I was pretty stoked applying the stuff, was actually fun

danny zubot
10-26-2004, 04:08 PM
I too enjoy destroying those dirty little buggers! :evil:

AJ_77
10-26-2004, 05:03 PM
I enjoyed nuking them, but several came back... didn't enjoy that. :evil:

Seems like my Juice is a little thin, almost like that white-out stuff. How is yours - pretty gooey? Wonder if I could mix it with kalk paste?

:confused:

bulletsworld
10-26-2004, 09:29 PM
I enjoyed nuking them, but several came back... didn't enjoy that. :evil:

Yup, same thing here, several came back. I keep Joe Juicing them after 6 months and they still come back. But love melting those babies! :mrgreen:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Had to do 2 or 3 treatments but now looks like their all toast :exclaim: :lol: :exclaim:

Tarolisol
10-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Do you have to order this stuff online or is there somewhere you can actully buy it.

AJ_77
10-27-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm going back to boiling water - none of those came back.

:mrgreen:

dirtyreefer
10-27-2004, 01:27 AM
So far so good with mine, however it's only been a few days but there are no signs of them at all. I used lemon juice before and that didn't work as they just shriveled up and then came back the next morning.

The stuff I have is also like white-out. But it's pretty weird stuff because when it came into contact with my tankwater, it started to sort of solidify. I guess that's the chemical reaction it has to either water or the minerals in the water.

dirtyreefer
10-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Do you have to order this stuff online or is there somewhere you can actully buy it.

I bought mine at Ocean Aquatics in North Delta here. Haven't found it either, JL's said they'll be carrying it soon, whenever that is...

props
10-27-2004, 01:38 AM
i added small amount of water and then microwaved it.. workss like a charm!

Vagabond
10-27-2004, 03:55 AM
I had the same experience as Alan, stuff works great but the little
b@$*rds seem to reappear again within a short period of time.

I also found the boiling water to be a more permanent solution.

Problem is, I can't get at all of em the way they get themselves into some of my rockwork...so I got a peppermint shrimp. Within 2 weeks every Aptasia in the tank was gone and I haven't seen one since :cool:.

Did that shrimp ever get big quick! :eek:

AJ_77
10-27-2004, 05:00 AM
Scott, you should rent that one out!

:biggrin:

dirtyreefer
10-27-2004, 05:09 AM
I added two peppermint shrimp and they disappeared. They went to the back of the rockwork and I haven't seen them since the first day. They must have died because they never appear when I feed, but my blood shrimps always come out during feeding.

EmilyB
10-27-2004, 05:56 AM
My Joe's kills came back with less color. Definitely a weaker version....but still took a second hit. I found the JJ always precipitated out of the container, so I just went back to kalking the aips. Definitely the Joes got me a handle on a severe problem tho.

danny zubot
10-27-2004, 02:41 PM
You guys should really try the boiling water turkey baster method. I've never had one return. Plus after emtying the water from the baster you can suck up it's remains.

AJ_77
10-27-2004, 02:44 PM
I think I will try the baster, Danny. How much of a squirt?

DiscusZ
10-27-2004, 03:00 PM
I have found the same problem with JJ, I have killed the same 2 at least 3 times, and one was a huge mother, in behind a rock, have not seen it since the last dose though.

May try boiling water next time...

Jim

danny zubot
10-27-2004, 03:06 PM
I usually give it two or three slow shots just to be sure, it all depends on how hard it is to get at the little bugger. Make sure you fill the baster up full and be careful not to scorch yourself, wear gloves.

Happy hunting! :mrgreen: