PDA

View Full Version : Calgary GroupOn @ J&L

hfp75
01-21-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm gauging interest in a calgary groupon with J&L. They are getting in a Hawaii order Friday so we can take a look over the weekend.

If your interested post a reply indicating so and we can all see how it's going....

If there's not enough interest then it'll be shut down.

Here is the current inventory lists - check prices online & consider that they might change a bit due to the stellar performance of the $ CAD.

Fish:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtgjsd0mtu19djb/JAN20_FISH_LIST.pdf?dl=0
Inverts:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9wbv27p58f3778/JAN20_INVERT_LIST.pdf?dl=0

I'll update them once I get updates with the Hawaii order inventories.

Let's hope the Hawaii order is a big one......

:-)

dundee
01-21-2016, 11:53 PM
I would be interested in a few things that they already have in stock if the order goes ahead. Thanks.

hfp75
01-22-2016, 01:56 AM
J&L web pricing is supposed to be correct.

Inventory listed above....

Roskoreef
01-22-2016, 02:03 AM
I might be in depending on what arrives

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

hfp75
01-23-2016, 06:24 AM
Well there are a few people interested....

Few points:

-J & L has an invert sale on plus the volume discount as well... Pick up a super cheap CUC !!!!!

-just waiting for the Hawaii stock update. I'll post it ASAP.

-I would like at least 5 people in so that the shared S&H charges are palatable. We will take the S&H and divide it by the number of people. I am guessing it will cost 40-50 bucks shared among at least 5 people.... So it's $10 or less for each persons S&H

-I also have a dry goods order that is at like $60, we need $100 for free S&H. So if your after dry goods this can also work for you.

Start planning what your after.....

somafish
01-23-2016, 06:11 PM
I'm in as long as they still have the fish I want

hfp75
01-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Update with current stock and livestock from Hawaii

https://www.dropbox.com/s/htfmg4olg0ab747/JAN21_FISH_LIST.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz2xl6e7nujwxo8/JAN21_INVERT_LIST.pdf?dl=0

dundee
01-24-2016, 02:47 PM
I am going to have too withdraw from the order. Sorry.

hfp75
01-28-2016, 04:09 PM
OK,

So I have 2 people that look comitted on the live stock order.

hfp75 (myself)
delphinus

We will wait until we get more. Anyone interested ?

For the Dry Goods order we also have two people signed up and are almost at our $100 free shipping. If you need something let me know and we can move ahead on it.

hfp75
02-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Well I have shut down the dry goods order. There just isn't enough interest.

I'll be shutting down the Livestock order if I can get any more interest.

The Invert Sale is still on.....

governor
02-10-2016, 09:12 PM
I'm in for 3 cleaner shrimp 2 peppermint shrimp and I need some Nassarius snails at least 6

hfp75
02-19-2016, 06:23 PM
Everyone,

To be a part of the J&L order I'll need your email. This will allow me to send you a link to the 'Google Doc Link' where I am going to start tracking each persons order.

Once you have your order complete please update the link (Google Docs). We are all splitting the S&H. I think it will be about $50 / the number of participants - I think about $10 each.

This is really a Livestock order, if there is enough interest in Dry Goods @/over $100 I'll put it together also. Please update that section in the Google Docs link also.

I will place the order on Monday/Tuesday for a Wednesday/Thursday delivery. (Once we have a complete order I'll confirm the deadline & shipping day) This gives you the weekend to work on your order. I will ask for your money for your portion of the order by EMT when I place the order.

Any questions, send me a PM ASAP.

FYI - For Livestock issues, please read this:
(Once the order arrives I am asking that people try to pick it up asap). I will be home the whole day to facilitate this - as well I will be floating the bags in 78 degree water to start the temp acclimation process.

Aquarium Livestock Guarantee

J&L Aquatics guarantees that your live goods order will arrive to you alive. In addition, we guarantee that all livestock purchased from us will remain in alive for a 24 hour period after arrival. If in the unfortunate event this is not the case, we require the following:

Your livestock is properly acclimated (Acclimation Techniques (http://www.jlaquatics.com/index.php/acclimation.php#acclimation)) to your tank in a timely manner (within 4 hours) upon receipt.
You must notify J&L Aquatics within 24 hours of delivery by email or telephone. If this takes place on a holiday, the time stamp on the voice mail or email will be used as the time of receipt.
Dead livestock is to be returned to J&L Aquatics within 48 hours of notification with a sample of your aquarium water. Dead livestock is to be shipped Canada Post Priority Mail. Any/all shipping charges for returning dead livestock will be reimbursed to you through a J&L Aquatics credit. There will be no cash reimbursements.
A replacement animal or a J&L Aquatics in house credit will be given for the price of the livestock returned to J&L Aquatics (credit does not include any original box, packaging or shipping charges). If a replacement is requested, the customer is responsible for any/all box, packaging and shipping expenses incurred for shipping the replacement animal.

J&L Aquatics livestock guarantee does not pertain to replacement animals.
Livestock death/damage due to carrier mishandling must be claimed through the carrier.
The above only applies to orders that are shipped via Air Cargo Guaranteed Service.
In order for the guarantee to be valid, all of the above conditions must be met.
Please note that J&L Aquatics will accept no returns/exchanges on livestock.
In the event of an order cancellation on live goods (excluding live rock), J&L Aquatics reserves the right to charge a non-refundable 30% re-stocking charge. Live goods that are specially ordered are non-refundable.
In the event of an order cancellation on live rock, J&L Aquatics reserves the right to charge a non-refundable 20% re-stocking charge. Live rock that is specially ordered is non-refundable, and the customer will be responsible for 100% of the order.
Echinoderms, Cucumbers and Nudibranchs: J&L Aquatics will take every measure to ensure that your animal arrives in a healthy condition. However, due to the extremely delicate nature of these animals, the livestock guarantee does not apply. Certain restrictions apply on select fish as well. Please refer to our Saltwater Fish section for details.

hfp75
02-20-2016, 07:15 PM
Trying to get in touch with everyone. Please use the Google Doc link to update your info and order!!!

The current inventory lists are located at the bottom of the www page:

http://www.jlaquatics.com/new-and-noteworthy/

Use that to see if your item is in stock.

So far we have:
hfp75 (myself)
governor
soapy
delphinus

Maybe one more waiting to hear back.

soapy
02-24-2016, 10:39 PM
So did you put the order in?

hfp75
02-25-2016, 03:07 AM
To our group:

Our order was been submitted (today). They checked stock levels & found there are a few fish that are no longer available (as of this morning). However, they are receiving an order from Florida (today) and Bali (tomorrow). These orders may replenish inventory that is no longer avail & at the same time provide a new opportunity to update orders based on new stock (online inventory lists). J&L would like to stabilize the livestock (over the weekend) before they ship.

J&L does overnight delivery on Monday / Wednesday / Friday. In lite of the incoming orders (Bali & Florida), our order will ship on Monday Feb 29.

This will allow any changes to be made and if there is a reefer that wants to jump on board there is still time.

Please go ahead and ask any questions and thanks for being patient. This order has been in the works for quite some time.

Just as a reminder, the J&L invertebrates sale is still on.

soapy
02-25-2016, 04:02 AM
Nice!

DiscusZ
02-25-2016, 04:47 AM
Nice!
Damn I. Would like to what time the shipment arrive.? I would like a blonde naso if they have any left how. Much is shipping.?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

hfp75
02-25-2016, 05:45 AM
I don't know yet when it'll arrive & I think S&H is $10'ish. More people lowers it....

cbrine
02-25-2016, 05:47 AM
Id be down for a small (1-3") green/dark sun coral. Let me know how much..
I didn't scroll thru the earlier posts... any chance to jump in if someone is going to get a large CUC? I was looking at their pre made pkg and all seems to be sold out.

hfp75
02-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Id be down for a small (1-3") green/dark sun coral. Let me know how much..
I didn't scroll thru the earlier posts... any chance to jump in if someone is going to get a large CUC? I was looking at their pre made pkg and all seems to be sold out.

Yes, you can still jump in. The www site only offers pics and pricing. You need to check their inventory (listed above - J&L New and Noteworthy -bottom of page).

I'll PM you on the Sun Coral.

golfbomber
02-28-2016, 10:54 PM
just called to see if they had any fish i wanted in stock and no such luck. I'll have to opt out of this order.

ReganY
02-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Hope you do another order sometime, I'm still in the process of my build.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hfp75
02-29-2016, 12:35 AM
THIS GROUP ORDER IS CLOSED.

It came in at +/- $900+ !!!!!

I'll try to post a few pics once its here ....

Delphinus
03-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Super happy with the livestock!

Thanks for spearheading the order and picking it up at the airport.

soapy
03-01-2016, 11:08 PM
Yes, thanks Hans for all the good work. The new inmates are settling in nicely.

Fishman667
03-02-2016, 12:46 AM
Thanks Hans , all the fish are thriving and are looking good , very good first experience with shipping fish , thanks for your time and care for picking them up for us. Look forward to ordering again

hfp75
03-02-2016, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback. It was a very busy day with everyone coming over.

A few little glitches along the way but overall it all worked out.

In the future for shrimp & crabs I would require J&L to tape the corners of the bags to protect the livestock from being squished.

I have not quarterbacked a group buy before and I think it all just happened so fast once I got home. A big sorry to Tony for the delay today.

J&L did a great job with trying to answer all the questions we were throwing at them. I only wonder how their inventory lists say they have things and in reality they don't.... weird. I know they are a busy store and move a lot of inventory - so I'll chalk it up to that.

Thanks guys for making this happen.

H

ReganY
03-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Sounds like you all had a good experience, I hope to join in on the next one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cbrine
03-03-2016, 08:43 PM
thanks for taking care of this!! The order was AMAZING! totally blown away at the size of the coral frag and how easy you made this process!! well done!