PDA

View Full Version : Late Spring/Early Summer Tank Tour(s)???

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-19-2016, 03:59 AM
As some of us discussed during last Saturday's bbq/get-together, there seems to be enough interest in organizing and participating in some regional tank tours in the future. What I am considering is dividing Metro Van into several close-together sectors for tank tour purposes. For instance, if there are enough reefers with nice systems willing to open up their homes for an hour or so on a weekend, we can do:

North Shore Tank Tour (North Van/West Van)
VBNW TT (Van, Burnaby, New Westminster)
Southern TT (Richmond, Delta, Ladner, South Surrey, White Rock)
Tri-Cities+ TT (Coq., PoCo, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge)
Fraser Valley TT (Surrey, Cloverdale, Langley, Aldergrove, Abbotsford)

I guess our first step is to collect a database of local reefers (and their locations/contact info) willing to have an open house as part of a future tank tour. Then we can try to pick a date, time & meeting place to set up a regional TT and have a place to come together in order to carpool and reduce the number of vehicles driving all over the burbs. We can even bring some coolers along so participants can pick up frags along the way for their own tanks.

I can't promise 100% that this TT proposal will actually happen but I am planning to organize at least one or two in late April to late June, before everyone heads off on vacation. If there is enough serious interest, then we'll give it our best shot to make these TTs a reality.

If you are interested in participating, hosting or driving, please post on this thread and we'll start building our TT database for future purposes. I'm also willing to fire up my BBQs if we end up here after a TT for anyone who wants to unwind and have a bite to eat before heading home.

I'll start off I guess:

I'm willing to Host, Drive, and act as Meeting Place for a future tank tour.

Anthony

BobFish
01-19-2016, 07:00 PM
I would if I thought I had an nice tank....lol, but intrest in seeing others for sure.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-21-2016, 06:47 AM
Well, I'm going to visit Brad (Untamed) this weekend and will see if he's willing to host a visit during the tank tour.

Myka
01-21-2016, 01:10 PM
I'd love to participate in a tank tour, but my travel plans this year are already booked!

shiftline
01-21-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm jealous of you lower mainland folk for these fun little get togethers :)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-21-2016, 10:15 PM

Well if you or Mindy ever come into town, if my work schedule permits it, I can organize a tank tour of local reefers for you:wink:

Myka
01-22-2016, 02:02 AM
Well if you or Mindy ever come into town, if my work schedule permits it, I can organize a tank tour of local reefers for you:wink:

That would be sweet! I'll be in Kelowna just after the July 1st long weekend. I might be able to swing a trip to the lower mainland for July 8-9.

AquaAddict
01-22-2016, 03:44 AM
Hi Anthony and Everybody,

I am willing to use my car and do the driving for a North Shore tour. I won't volunteer my tank until I am sure my 100 gal transfer to 150 gal is set up and running.

I also want to be a 'tourist' for any other tours set up.

AquaAddict

The Guy
01-22-2016, 03:47 PM
It would be nice to meet Mindy, I'm in for that, hope it works out.

That would be sweet! I'll be in Kelowna just after the July 1st long weekend. I might be able to swing a trip to the lower mainland for July 8-9.
It would be great to meet you see some tanks around the lower mainland, hopefully it works out.

The Guy
01-22-2016, 03:49 PM

Come down with Mindy in July if you can. :smile:

Mike87
02-09-2016, 05:55 AM
I'm brand new to the hobby so I'd be interested in a tank tour I'm from aldergrove don't have a system right now but would like to learn by seeing tanks in person

The Guy
02-09-2016, 03:04 PM
I'm brand new to the hobby so I'd be interested in a tank tour I'm from aldergrove don't have a system right now but would like to learn by seeing tanks in person
I don't have a very big tank but your welcome to come over and have a look if you want and we can talk reefing. I live near Otter-Co-op. :smile:

Mike87
02-09-2016, 03:09 PM
That would be great @ the guy where you located on the weekend I'm available

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Mike87

If you ever come into Burnaby, I'm about 15 minutes from J&L and you're welcome to pop in, check out the tanks and talk about reefing.

Anthony

maron6977
02-14-2016, 06:27 PM
I'd volunteer , if anyone wants to check out my tank . It's been approx. 6 months since the transfer into a 6' 240G tank . Not the best tank I've seen but it's coming along .
A bit of a call out - local guys , very close to me with impressive tanks .
TomR &. KPG007 (Kelly) you've got impressive mature tanks that should be on a tour , if your interested .
I have some parking at my house & both guys live 4 min. away .

Let me know if we can arrange something !!!