PDA

View Full Version : Will mushrooms sting an anenome?

LeanneP
01-13-2016, 06:27 PM
I have blue mushrooms in my tank that I now wish I never had as they are growing like crazy. They are starting to get close to my RBTA and my long tentacle and I am just wondering who will win. I am hoping it will be the nems. Anyone know?

rsisvixen
01-13-2016, 06:53 PM
Well as far as I am aware, mushrooms don't sting anything, so chances are that your anemones will keep them in check, but they are just as likely to decide they don't like the mushrooms and go for a walk about for a new location.

LeanneP
01-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Mushrooms do sting. Lost 6 heads of my hammer coral, my monti is turning white where it is touching the mushroom and I just had a big piece of birdsnest die because of mushrooms. They are compatible with colt coral, leather coral and toad stool that I know of.

Coasting
01-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Oh mushrooms definitely sting. Some more then others.

My fuzzy green, green stripe, and RBTA are all reasonable close but I think their all smart enough to give each other enough distance, they've been able to grow and sting each other for ages now and nobody has ever stung the other... The mushrooms grow over other stuff, and the nem stings my SPS and GSP and what not, but the shrooms and nem are smart with each other....

LeanneP
01-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Ok, thanks. Just wouldn't want to lose my nems to mushrooms.

mike31154
01-13-2016, 08:40 PM
I have no 'shrooms, but do have GSP, LPS, monti SPS & some palys. They all lose when the BTA contacts them. Fairly certain there's not much in the way of coral that will out sting a BTA. My BTA is helping keep the palys from overrunning the tank.

LeanneP
01-13-2016, 09:18 PM
I have no 'shrooms, but do have GSP, LPS, monti SPS & some palys. They all lose when the BTA contacts them. Fairly certain there's not much in the way of coral that will out sting a BTA. My BTA is helping keep the palys from overrunning the tank.

Yes, Mike those palys you gave me a couple of years ago have become a bit of a menace in my tank along with my mushrooms They are certainly very hardy and hard to stop.

mrhasan
01-14-2016, 12:54 AM
Green fuzzy mushrooms killed my rock flower anemone but they are not as potent as bta. But those mushrooms do pack some punch

Ram3500
01-14-2016, 03:47 AM
Mushrooms are the devil :twised: