PDA

View Full Version : Media reactors.

1bigstud
01-13-2016, 05:42 AM
I've recently increased the bio load in my tank. As such my nitrate and phosphate levels have gone up a bit. I can keep them in check with dilligence and water changes. However I will also be adding media reactors.
My tank is a 75 gallon reef.
33 gallon sump. Becket skimmer (great strong skimmer).
I was thinking of using bio pellets and phos ban, any other ideas, and suggestions where to aquire this stuff?

Rick

Myka
01-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Check out Siporax. I bought some, but haven't put it to use yet since the nutrients are too low in my tank.

WarDog
01-13-2016, 01:39 PM
I guess it depends on how aggressively you need to address the problem. What are your no3 and po4 levels at?

1bigstud
01-13-2016, 04:51 PM
Phosphates are fairly low and nitrates are at 20ppm

Tom R
01-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Check out Siporax. I bought some, but haven't put it to use yet since the nutrients are too low in my tank.

Where did you get your Siporax from

Tom R

Myka
01-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Phosphates are fairly low and nitrates are at 20ppm

What is "fairly low" in a numerical value? What type of corals are you keeping?

Where did you get your Siporax from

Tom R

eBay vendor from Austria. I could look up his name if you want.

hillegom
01-13-2016, 06:53 PM
eBay vendor from Austria. I could look up his name if you want.

siporax was around years ago and it seems is making a comeback.
I would also like to know the name of the vendor and if you remember the price. I would think that shipping would be a killer.
Thanks

Myka
01-13-2016, 10:55 PM
siporax was around years ago and it seems is making a comeback.
I would also like to know the name of the vendor and if you remember the price. I would think that shipping would be a killer.
Thanks

eBay vendor "wttomy1". I ordered 2 liters of Siporax and it was $52 with shipping and exchange back in October.