PDA

View Full Version : Adding T5s made my radions gen 1 go nuts?

jason604
01-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Hi so I finally just added some 2 single bulb t5s to supplement my radions. One on each side touching the radions parallel. As soon I turned on the power to the T5s my radions went nuts. I keeps on beeping then rotates through all its functions. Off, on, white light only , blue only, green only red only etc... What is going on n how I fix this issue? Did this ever happen to any1 before? As soon as I turn off my T5s my radions stop beeping n stop scrolling through its functions. The t5s im using are sunblasters n I'm using radions g1s

jason604
01-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Ok this is weird. So I experimented by turning off 1 t5 at a time. So the randions will only go nuts when the T5 that is on the same side as the control buttons are on... Somehow it is interfering with the controls. So turn on both lights but put my hand Inbetween where the Radion controls is n my at5 and it stopped going nuts as well.

Myka
01-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Turn off the control buttons. You can do that in the online control panel thingy. Different frequencies or or transmissions of some sort will affect the control buttons on the Radions.

FishyFishy!
01-12-2016, 11:45 PM
I say they feel threatened by the T5's ;-P

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-12-2016, 11:52 PM

Sentient technologies. It's the beginning of the end. Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

jason604
01-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Turn off the control buttons. You can do that in the online control panel thingy. Different frequencies or or transmissions of some sort will affect the control buttons on the Radions.

Thx!! I totally forgot U can do that!!

Hahaha Iono i love my leds!!

I moved the t5s about 4" lower than the LEds n the conflict seem to have stopped. But that will block the light from my leds. I will deff turn off the controls. I'm planning to just turn on the LEDs for 1 hr during peak led time schedule so my corals can aclimate to it then slowly increasing it by a 30mins each week to a peak of 4hrs. If Some1 who have good results n experience from supplementing t5 n radions has a better method please chime in =)