PDA

View Full Version : hello from Airdrie

Fin2you
01-04-2016, 12:59 AM
I was encouraged to join by another member. If he wants to let himself be know I'll let him speak up but we know each other from another Alberta fish group. & I am a member of a couple other fish keeper forums. My user name is the same on all of them :lol: so I may be familiar to a few people!
I have set up an album on my profile with current photo's of all 3 of my tanks. I have been on the "FW" side for 10+ years, but have always wanted to do a SW.
Last month I finally decided to make my dream come true & started a small nano 5.5gal Coral Reef. but then the kids & hubby started putting in their requests. When I told them my little reef wouldn't work for anything but my corals hubby asked what I needed & I told him & he said do it, life was too short to not do the things you want to.
This tank is a "slow, on a budget project", that said though I'm in shock how quickly I've been able to find awesome deals!

kien
01-04-2016, 03:42 PM
hi! :-)

Delphinus
01-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Welcome to Canreef! :)

BC564
01-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard.

ALBERTA REEF
01-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Welcome. To quote a fellow member when someone tries SALT WATER for the first time. Welcome to the DARK SIDE. :biggrin:

Fin2you
01-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Thanx I like the dark side as much as the lightside (I guess you would call the Fw?)!

ckmullin
01-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Hello and welcome to CanReef!

Jack_Maturin
01-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Hi Fin,
Welcome! I'm brand new here as well and also from Airdrie. I'm just starting my cycling process for my tank. Glad to see there are so many local saltys on this board.

Fin2you
01-30-2016, 01:13 PM
Welcome! Pm me anytime!!! I love chatting about the tanks fish corals & plants!

Tweeds
02-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Nice to see other reefers from Airdrie :biggrin:

Fin2you
02-23-2016, 07:09 PM
:biggrin: lots of people finding the forum! I lurk & read more than I post unless I have a big problem I'm trying to sort out. I am very new to SW so I'm soaking up information & trying to filter out what might work for my sumpless, only running a HOB skimmer tank!

cbrine
03-03-2016, 08:47 PM
yaaay another Airdrie salty! lol
My first tank was a sumpless, skimmer and UV filter only tank and it was sooo easy to take care of. If you have any questions there is ALOT of info on here and the Calgary & area reefers are simply fantastic! Good luck and enjoy!

Fin2you
03-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Hey, I am on Calgary &Area Reefers fb group! I have met some great people but at times it can be hard to sift thru advice b/c some stuff just doesn't work with sumpless systems! But I am learning and trying to stay encounter a few screw ups of my own making.
yaaay another Airdrie salty! lol
My first tank was a sumpless, skimmer and UV filter only tank and it was sooo easy to take care of. If you have any questions there is ALOT of info on here and the Calgary & area reefers are simply fantastic! Good luck and enjoy!