PDA

View Full Version : damsels

Corey
10-23-2004, 03:50 AM
Hey all, I know ive posted about this before, but Im getting really frustrated. I am trying to catch the DAMsels in my tank ( stupid for getting them but I didnt know better) I tried using a hook, didnt work, the little bastards just ate the food off and didnt touch the hook, I tried cutting a pop bottle, tying strings to it, baiting it and pulling it out fast when one got in, managed to catch two that way, but the last one wont go near it. any suggestions, comments, or traps that worked for you, PLEASE let me know.

albert_dao
10-23-2004, 04:47 AM
You could try leaving a net in your tank for a week, pulling it out and putting the food in it and leaving the tank for everyone to feed from the net. Once they get use to eating out of the net, I suppose it's just a matter of convenience for you.

I've tried this at the store. Took me a day to get the fish use to the net. Damsels are pretty crafty though...

Gools
10-23-2004, 05:01 AM
Just make sure there is no open metal, on the net. If you leave it in your tank it's going to leach rust.

Fish
10-23-2004, 11:27 PM
I had a yellow tail blue damsel harrasing a baby blue tang when I had my 90. I had to pull out 100lbs of rock and half the water in order to catch him.
Is yours bugging other fish?

- Chad

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-25-2004, 07:06 PM
At King Ed's, you can buy or rent a plexiglass trap. It's a cylinder with one end sealed & a sliding trap door on the other end sprung by a latch attached to fishing line. I didn't feed that tank for a day & when I placed some food inside, caught the dwarf angel out in under 5 minutes. :biggrin: Sorry, no pics. :cry: I can maybe get you a pic if needed.