PDA

View Full Version : BBQ/Reefers Get-Together at SeaHorse_Fanatic's Jan.16th

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-27-2015, 06:35 PM
So, for January, to accommodate Coasting's schedule, I plan to invite our local fishy friends over for a BBQ. I have no problems prepping/bbqing/cooking the food and just have each attendee chip in for the grocery bill (no more than $10/person). I've bbqed for as many as 120 people in one day so that's not a problem. Based on recent attendance numbers, I think a dozen to 15 adults is a reasonable max number and we can accommodate that many inside our place. I will pick up a couple bottles of wine and some soda to go with the meal but otherwise its bring your own beer/cider/coolers.

If the 16th (Saturday) doesn't work, please let me know. I'm perfectly fine with doing it on another date, as long as it doesn't conflict with family stuff.

Families/kids are welcome (ie. my two little girls will be there) and if its during the day, they can go outside into the playhouse to play (I'll set up a space heater in there).

In terms of timing, I'm thinking late lunch and through the afternoon/evening. Again, I'm flexible on this.

Tentative meal plan is Malaysian chicken or turkey satay, stir fried noodles, Malaysian chicken curry and coconut milk rice, bbq pork ribs, bbq lemon-grass or rosemary chicken, hot dogs/burgers if people want...

I also have 2 reef tanks (165g & 93g cube), a goldfish tank, 2 fw shrimp tanks, an endler tank, 2 baby tortoises and a koi "pond" to see and we can play a movie or the hockey game on the tv, if so desired.

I'm located in South Burnaby, halfway between King Eds Pets and Metrotown. Just 5 minutes from Kensington Exit off Hwy 1.

Let me know if there's interest in this.

Anthony

rsisvixen
12-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Sounds like a plan, I'm good for the 16th

Coasting
12-27-2015, 09:25 PM
So, for January, to accommodate Coasting's schedule,

OH gee so this is my fault then LOL
As long as the ferries don't get canceled due to weather between the 14th and then I can be there :P

And as long as I'm not the only girl :lol:
I got room for 1 other in my vehicle from Poco if somebody wants to carpool.

rishu_pepper
12-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Thanks for hosting, Anthony. Please count me and Joanne in.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

maron6977
12-27-2015, 10:19 PM
I'd love to attend but work till 5ish . If you think it'll go late - I'm in . Also loved your bbq skills at Rich's a few years ago !!! Mouth watering already
Mark

Etaloche
12-27-2015, 10:36 PM
I'll try my best to attend

AquaAddict
12-28-2015, 02:57 AM
Hi Anthony,

I am marking the date down on my calendar. Looking forward to seeing you and everybody else.

AquaAddict

PS to Coasting: you are not the only girl.

WarDog
12-28-2015, 03:45 AM
Looks like you may have started something Anthony! Date added to calendar.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-28-2015, 05:48 AM
Looks like you may have started something Anthony! Date added to calendar.

OK, a week or so before the bbq date, we'll start a head count of whose planning to attend so I know how much food to prepare.

Spaces are filling up fast so if you think you will be attending, please post on this thread and we'll go from there.

Anthony

Wretch
12-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Looks like I can make it so count me in. Thanks for hosting Anthony.

Reef Pilot
12-28-2015, 11:48 PM
I would like to attend, but too early to know for sure if I can make it. If skiing is good, will likely be doing that. Flying is also a possibility, depending on weather.

Went skiing today, and conditions were fabulous,... lots of powder.

msjboy
12-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Hi Anthony

Would like to drop by for a quick look but can't stay too long - no dinner for me. Kids might come for a peek too. Will bring you some chip/munchies.

thx
msjboy

byee
12-29-2015, 06:00 AM
Anthony, please count me in.

e46er
12-29-2015, 06:26 AM
I'm interested.
I'm in the midst of quitting my job and going out on my own so I planing in being there but really hard to commit when I work for myself. Id love to meet more local reefers pm me your address please!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-29-2015, 07:01 AM
Looks like we'll have a dozen plus coming.

BTW, Doug (Pinhead) has generously donated a RBTA to be raffled off at the BBQ. Thank YOU Doug.

If anyone else would like to donate a frag or something for raffling off to attendees, then please let me know. We'll try to organize some sort of raffling system.

Also, if you all want to bring frags or colonies to swap, sell, buy or donate, I'm okay with that too. I have a couple of large sumps for floating frags. I will keep an updated list of probable attendees when the date gets closer and so it'll be easy for people wanting to buy or sell stuff to just meet here to do the transaction. However, the main focus will be to get together, eat, drink and be merry.

This will be a "family-friendly" event, so kids & spouses welcome. Come for a visit or stay for an hour or five. Up to you. Basically leaving the whole day free for this get together.

Bring your own booze but drink responsibly. A cold one for your host will NOT be refused either :wink::lol: LOL.

For those who work Saturdays, we can fire up the BBQ in the evening.

Anthony

The Guy
12-29-2015, 03:37 PM
Hey Anthony thanks for hosting this BBQ, count me in bud. I think telling people they can bring frags is a great idea as well, see you then. :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-29-2015, 05:14 PM
Another issue to note is that if anyone has food allergies, please let me know. For instance, I use sesame oil and Blackberry wine in my marinades and the Malaysian satay (if I make this) will have crushed peanuts in it.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Well, I guess I'll start the list, broken down into Confirmed, Possible/Probable and Visiting:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic + 3
rsisvixen
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
Aqua Addict
War Dog
Wretch
byee
The Guy

Possible/Probable
Pinhead
Reef Pilot
Etaloche
e46er

Visiting
msjboy + kids

Ok, we're getting to be pretty much full, but we can accommodate this many and more if attendance is spread out a bit throughout the day (ie. NOT have 20 people crammed into my livingroom/dining room at one time :wink: LOL). Hopefully its a nice day and people dress warmly so they can join me outside on the deck too.

If I've missed anybody or you can confirm, post on this thread and I'll continue to update it.

rsisvixen
12-29-2015, 05:39 PM
It'll be a + 1 for me Anthony, will be dragging the hubby along :)

Coasting
12-30-2015, 12:05 AM
I could probably make cookies or snacks or something of that sort....

What do people like?

I've never fed reefers before :lol:

And if I ditch the doggie barrier in the SUV I could fit 3 people in the back and 1 in the front from poco/coquitlam side of the port man bridge.

I think I remember where Anthonys house is.... I haven't been there in a few years O_o

I will have a whack of Euphyllia that need fragging too if theres anyone after that kind of stuff.

F.H
12-30-2015, 12:56 AM
I will try to make it, but I'll know for sure much closer to the date, so I'll be a maybe for now :)

Bblinks
12-30-2015, 06:37 AM
I will make it out if there is space....

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-30-2015, 06:46 AM
I will make it out if there is space....

For you, we'll always make room.:wink:

BTW, anyone else feel a little tremor around 11:40pm tonight?

msjboy
12-30-2015, 06:50 AM
Yes... 2 of them...seconds apart about 10 minutes ago.:redface:

Get emergency pack and shoes ready?

byee
12-30-2015, 07:06 AM
Felt it in Coquitlam. House shook for about 10 seconds. I was expecting my floors to be wet from the fish tank sloshing around.

Stay safe everyone!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-30-2015, 07:07 AM
Started a new earthquake thread so we don't have to fill this BBQ thread with earthquake postings.:biggrin:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117421

The Guy
12-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Anthony's got a great deck so wear a warm coat, then we don't have to all be inside, plus when your on the deck your closer to the BBQ LOL!!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-31-2015, 06:44 AM
Updated:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic + 3
rsisvixen + hubby
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
Aqua Addict
War Dog
Wretch
byee
The Guy
Bblink

Possible/Probable
Pinhead
Reef Pilot
Etaloche
e46er
F.H

Visiting
msjboy + kids

I will budget $10/person attending and that should ensure we don't run out of food. NOTE: Cutoff for confirmation will be Thursday night (Jan.14) cause I'll be shopping Friday morning for whatever I don't already have cut up and marinating.

If you would like to show up at a certain time (noonish; mid-afternoon; late afternoon; evening) please let me know as well. I would prefer not to have everything hot and ready to eat at noon then have everyone show up at 4 pm.

Coasting
01-03-2016, 01:27 AM
I will budget $10/person attending and that should ensure we don't run out of food. NOTE: Cutoff for confirmation will be Thursday night (Jan.14) cause I'll be shopping Friday morning for whatever I don't already have cut up and marinating.

I don't think I eat quite that much :lol:
I'll know Thursday morning if the ferry decides to run. If we get any more stupid windstorms like those a few weeks back I might be hooped. But I've got quite a few things planned within the first few days of being back including showing up to this. (And my nexus interview, hurroh!!!) However I would still be trying to get a ferry the day after and what not... I did book a whole 2 weeks off.....

I could do Triple Chocolate cheesecake
Chocolate peanutbutter cereal bars
Normal chocolate chip cookies or something else cookie wise
Cheese Krispies (Their just savoury goodness that I inhale and leave none for family or friends)
uhhh
Chocolate Fudge
Hmmm
Cant remember what else I make on a regular basis.

Ideas?

AquaAddict
01-03-2016, 02:42 AM
Hi Anthony,

Should everyone try and attend around 1-2 pm if possible? That way people are not confined inside because it is dark and cold outside - unless nobody cares and there is lots of lighting.

AquaAddict

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-03-2016, 06:11 AM
Hi Anthony,

Should everyone try and attend around 1-2 pm if possible? That way people are not confined inside because it is dark and cold outside - unless nobody cares and there is lots of lighting.

AquaAddict

It would be better, in general, if small groups show up throughout the day. I expect most will come from noon till four, but some will show up after work or come for dinner instead.

Majik
01-08-2016, 02:03 AM
Hey Anthony,
you can count wifey and I in. Sounds like a blast!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-08-2016, 05:10 AM
Updated:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic + 3
rsisvixen + hubby
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
AquaAddict
War Dog
Wretch
byee
The Guy
Bblink
Majik + wife

Possible/Probable
Pinhead
Reef Pilot
Etaloche
e46er
F.H

Visiting
msjboy + kids

So looks like 18 confirmed (13 reefers), which should make this a great turnout for a winter BBQ.:lol:

The Guy
01-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Looking forward to a fun get together,

Mrfish55
01-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Too bad it falls in the middle of my shift, Im due for a trip to the city for supplies, have fun all sounds like a good time.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Too bad it falls in the middle of my shift, Im due for a trip to the city for supplies, have fun all sounds like a good time.

Give me a holler when you're coming down. Come on over for a visit and a meal. If you need a place to crash overnight, that can be arranged too.

Anthony

Mrfish55
01-09-2016, 10:08 PM
Give me a holler when you're coming down. Come on over for a visit and a meal. If you need a place to crash overnight, that can be arranged too.

Anthony

Will do, take care.

BobFish
01-11-2016, 02:00 AM
I would like to attend if there is room, just need to know where to go and what to bring.

Bob

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-11-2016, 03:01 AM
BobFish: Sure, come on over.

So it's a little over a week till the BBQ/get-together. As mentioned, I will provide soda & some juice but if you want beers/coolers, etc. then please bring your own and make sure you drink responsibly (i.e. designated drivers). Our place isn't very big inside but we can also accommodate a large group outside on the covered deck so hopefully the weather cooperates and people dress warmly.

I will be marinating and bbqing lots of chicken, turkey, pork and other meats. Maybe a salmon. I'll also make some Malaysian curry chicken the night before, some stir-fry veg, and cook several other dishes and finger foods. I'm budgeting $10/attendee for food, drinks & supplies, which should make it affordable to anyone who wants to come, eat, drink & hangout with fellow addicts.

If you want to bring frags, colonies or other stuff to sell or trade, you're welcome to. It will be a convenient place to do transactions and I have 2 sumps you can float your livestock in till you leave.

You are welcome to pop in for a quick visit or stay for hours. I'm making this an all day event, to accommodate those who can show up at noon for lunch or want to come after work and have some dinner. Got 2 big Weber BBQs so lots of grilling space to keep up with the close to 20 people who have so far confirmed they will be attending.

For those further out, I'm 15 minutes from J&L and 5 minutes from King Eds so you can multi-task your visit.:wink:

My address & contact # is:

6745 Lakeview Ave, Unit B, Burnaby
604-868-5553

Looking forward to seeing everyone here NEXT SATURDAY (JANUARY 16th).

Anthony

BobFish
01-11-2016, 03:26 AM
great see you on the 16th

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-11-2016, 03:39 AM
If possible, can everyone text me there planned arrival time so I can see if we can spread the crowd throughout the day, instead of 20 people all at one time. Just let me know "Noon", "Mid-afternoon", "Late afternoon/evening". It'll also help me know how much food to have ready to feast on for the "lunch crowd".

Note, I'm in a cul-de-sac so parking is a bit limited so carpooling would help reduce the congestion:wink:

Also, this is a family-friendly event, so please no streaking or other drunken hi-jinx (you know who I'm talking to) ;P

BTW, just a reminder, Pinhead (Doug) has generously offered a RBTA for a door prize and if anyone else feels generous and would like to also donate a door prize, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any food allergies, please let me know. I'm planning to set out some peanuts and other stuff for snacking on, but will change this if it could lead to anaphylactic shock!!

I'll have some hot dogs for those who aren't into eating anything "exotic" at a BBQ. ;P I'll post the final menu by Friday, once I know what I'm cooking for sure. All the meats will be marinated at least 2 or 3 days ahead of time.

BobFish
01-12-2016, 01:30 AM
mid afternoon

pinhead
01-12-2016, 02:58 AM
I'll be there at noon.

rsisvixen
01-12-2016, 04:06 AM
Noonish works for me and hubby

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-12-2016, 07:47 AM
Updated:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic + 3
Pinhead
rsisvixen + hubby
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
AquaAddict
War Dog
Wretch
byee
The Guy
Bblink
Majik + wife
Bobfish
dusty16
F.H.

Possible/Probable
Reef Pilot
Etaloche
e46er

Visiting
msjboy + kids

So looks like we are now up to 22 confirmed (18 reefers). Gonna have to prepare a lot more food!!!

dusty16
01-12-2016, 08:16 AM
I should be there between 12-1pm

maron6977
01-12-2016, 03:06 PM
I'd probably be there 5-5:30ish . Straight from work .

WarDog
01-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Switch me to possible Anthony. I'll see what i can do, but the wife has other plans for me. :cry:

Aquattro
01-12-2016, 03:30 PM
I was giving this some serious thought, but my wife is racing Saturday and I'm on Dad duty. No, not carting kid over :)

Etaloche
01-12-2016, 03:38 PM
I would like to confirm I'll be coming please :)
Very excited!

Etaloche
01-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Oh and I'll probably be there around mid-afternoon

The Guy
01-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Just to reconfirm, should be there 1-130and bringing some deserts.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Updated:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic + 3
Pinhead
rsisvixen + hubby
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
AquaAddict
Wretch
byee
The Guy
Bblink
Majik + wife
Bobfish
dusty16
F.H.
Etaloche

Possible/Probable
Reef Pilot
War Dog
e46er

Visiting
msjboy + kids

xerxes300
01-13-2016, 12:57 AM
thx, anthony, c u Sat, 2ppl

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-13-2016, 06:07 AM
Updated:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic + 3
Pinhead
rsisvixen + hubby
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
AquaAddict
Wretch
byee
The Guy
Bblink
Majik + wife
Bobfish
dusty16
F.H.
Etaloche
frogger
xerxes300 + 1

Possible/Probable
Reef Pilot
War Dog
e46er

Visiting
msjboy + kids

Wow, we're up to 25 confirmed attendees (19 local reefers) & a few visitors

The Guy
01-13-2016, 03:28 PM
I have a couple of pounds bulk alk biocarb $10 and an Elos phosphate test kit BNIB $15 if anyone is interested I can bring it to the BBQ. :smile:

xerxes300
01-15-2016, 05:05 AM
ill be bringing 40 collapsable water Totes for anyone who'd like to have some
- just givem a couple of hot water rinses

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-15-2016, 08:34 AM
Updated:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic
Pinhead
rsisvixen + hubby
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
AquaAddict
Wretch
The Guy
Bblink
Majik + wife
Bobfish
dusty16
F.H.
Etaloche
frogger
xerxes300 + 1
Castaway (evening)

Possible/Probable
Reef Pilot
War Dog
e46er

Visiting
msjboy + kids
Target???

Wow, we're up to 22 confirmed attendees (19 local reefers) & a few visitors. Something came up and Byee can't attend but Castaway's coming in the evening. Irene & the kids may also go visit some relatives and attend a close friend's birthday party so room is less of an issue now.

Unfortunately the weather is going to be cloudy & maybe raining, but got a 24' x 14' covered deck so NOT a problem, just an inconvenience. Also will have my outdoor wood burning terracotta fireplace fired up and toasty warm on Saturday.

Menu for the day:

Finger foods
Chips
Nachos & dip
Veggies & dip (carrots, bell peppers, Eng. cuc., mushrooms)
3 types of peanuts

Salads [Reser's so store bought - but everything else is made from scratch]
Potato salad
Macaroni salad

Main Entrees
Malaysian Curry turkey & potatoes
Stir fried vermicelli noodles
BBQed marinated pork chops
BBQed dry rub chicken
BBQed marinated chicken
Possibly Tandoori chicken???
Possibly Beef Souvlaki???
Hot dogs
Smokies
Sockeye salmon

Dessert
Fresh cantaloupe melon
Other fruit
A few things Laurie (The Guy) is bringing

Was planning to make stuffed slider burgers but can't find small burger buns so these will have to wait till my next bbq.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-15-2016, 10:43 AM
I'm on the lookout for a Red Dragon or Purple Dragon SPS (really any dragon:wink:) so if anyone who's coming to the BBQ has a decent sized frag (tiny frags just get lost & disappear in my 6' display tank), please pm me with a price and size. A text pic would also be appreciated (604-868-5553). Thanks.

And yes, I've been slightly bitten by the SPS bug (I blame Jessie & Jay) but trying to keep this new "addiction" under control. So the hard core SPS reefers (Bblinks *cough cough*) will at least have a few sps to see when they come here (have Forest Fire Digi frags, Pink Lemonade frag, monti cap and a Purple Valida colony).

I keep mostly LPS, but have some colourful zoas, ricordeas/mushrooms, Dendros, 17 RBTAs (7 different mother nems), and even softies (pulsing xenia, finger leathers & green toadstools), so hopefully my tanks will be interesting regardless of what varieties of corals you're passionate about. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. There are also 2 fw shrimp tanks, an endler tank, a fancy goldfish cube, 2 baby Hermann tortoises and some koi in a pond outside.

BTW, if anyone wants to come and isn't yet on the list, please post on this thread &/or pm me and we'll make room. Plenty of food too.:biggrin: For those on the fence about attending, lots of newbies, reefers with some experience and "old-timers" coming to this reefer community event so a lot of addicts to talk to and network with.

Some people will be bringing stuff to sell, trade or give away too, so added bonus. I have a good supply of hydroton for anyone who wants to buy some of this biomedia ($10/gallon).

Also, Pinhead has generously donated an RBTA and rsisvixen has offered up some pods for door prizes. I have some greenish zoas (very hardy but nothing too eyecatching) which I can give to anyone who wants some (even to feed to their butterflies or angelfish).

Anthony

PS: Walter, (ReefPilot) if you come, we can discuss when is a good date/time to come out and help redo your tanks before your upcoming surgery. I'm sure we can get a few volunteers to carpool out to your place:wink: one of these days.

Reef Pilot
01-15-2016, 02:20 PM
y

PS: Walter, (ReefPilot) if you come, we can discuss when is a good date/time to come out and help redo your tanks before your upcoming surgery. I'm sure we can get a few volunteers to carpool out to your place:wink: one of these days.
Thanks again for the kind offer. Looks right now like I won't be able to make it. We are going out with friends later tomorrow, and won't have time to head out your way before.

Sounds like it will be a good crowd, though. Have fun everyone.

msjboy
01-15-2016, 02:33 PM
HI Anthony

Probably drop by around 4/4:30PM for a visit... stay just for a very short while as mentioned.

Best regs
kenny

Coasting
01-15-2016, 06:23 PM
Ill bring some Cinnamon Twist type thingers for people to snack on.
I'm half decent at baking but haven't done any yeast type doughs since highschools. Lets see what happens!

I am after any unique Euphyllia that I do not currently have in my collection.
If anyone who is attending has something fancy, let me know what you have and a price.
I have lost my colonies of a few things I sold to some folks in the past and would be interested in getting a frag of those again. ( I guess a 5gal WC once every 2 months doesn't quite cut it when you have excessive amounts of coral :lol: )
Used to have a nice light green tip, green torch.

Would anyone like to carpool?
I can empty my car and take 4 other people. Could either go south along Marine way to Anthonys or Hwy 1. Let me know!

reeferious
01-16-2016, 06:45 AM
Count me in pls will bring along for raffle prize mixed bag of macro algae

rsisvixen
01-16-2016, 07:48 AM
I'll be bringing some home cultured trigger pods for the raffle

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2016, 09:14 AM
So today's finally here and I'll see all of you this afternoon. After days of shopping, prepping & planning, come on over and lets get this party started (at noon) ;)

Updated:

Confirmed:
SeaHorse_Fanatic
Pinhead
rsisvixen + hubby
Coasting
rishu pepper + Joanne
maron6977
AquaAddict
Wretch
The Guy
Bblink
Majik + wife
Bobfish
dusty16
F.H.
Etaloche
frogger
xerxes300 + 1
Castaway (evening)
reerferious

Possible/Probable
Reef Pilot
War Dog
e46er
chefpakk + wife

Visiting
msjboy + kids
Target

23 confirmed attendees (20 local reefers) & a few visitors.

Forecast is still not the best. Reasonably warm at least. My wood burning terracotta fireplace is set up and ready to host a nice hot fire.

FINALIZED MENU for the Day:

Finger foods
Chips
Nachos & dip
Veggies & dip (carrots, bell peppers, Eng. cuc., mushrooms)
3 types of peanuts

Salads [Reser's so store bought - but everything else is made from scratch]
Potato salad
Macaroni salad

Main Entrees
Malaysian Curry turkey & potatoes (already cooked and absorbing flavours overnight)
Stir fried vermicelli noodles
BBQed marinated pork chops
BBQed dry rub chicken
BBQed marinated lemon grass chicken
Tandoori chicken
Hot dogs
Smokies
Either teriyaki or Green Thai curry Basa fillet (sorry my source for Sockeye let me down for this weekend).

Dessert
Fresh cantaloupe melon & other fruit
A few things Laurie (The Guy) is bringing
Cinnamon twisty things (Coasting)

Drinks
4 types of soda
Juice
Filtered water

It's BYOB/BYOCoolers but please drink responsibly. No need to ruin a good time by having an accident on the way home afterwards:wink:

6745 Lakeview Ave, Unit B, Burnaby
604-868-5553

I'll try to have most of the food ready for noon and just continue bbqing as needed.

Anthony

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2016, 09:16 AM
Doug (Pinhead)

Please bring your raffle tickets you mentioned or else we'll do it using handwritten tickets.

Thanks,

Anthony

Coasting
01-16-2016, 02:00 PM
Well I left the container out and everyone else at home ate them. Dumb dumbs...

We'll see how motivated I feel, maybe ill try and make something else.

The Guy
01-16-2016, 04:57 PM

That sounds like this house, :Banane53:
I will bring some stuff to raffle as well.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2016, 05:23 PM

If you don't have time or energy to make more, just chip in for the food and save yourself the hassle. :wink::wink::wink:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2016, 05:28 PM
BTW, I have set up my open concept livingroom/dining room to now seat at least 19 hungry people at tables so if this weather is too cold and wet for anyone to hang out outside while I bbq, there's room to accommodate everyone indoors.

Rishu & wife are unable to make it due to the flu, so if anyone who hasn't already gotten their names on the list of attendees want to still come, there is room and plenty of food. Going to fire up my 2 Webers in a half hour and so most of the food will be ready for the "lunch crowd" at noon.

Remember, I live on a cul-de-sac so parking is a bit limited. Carpool if possible. Arrive early or on time to park closer. My house is the big white with red tile roof Tudor 4-plex. Mine has the B and Seahorse on the door, plus lots of condensation on the front window:wink:

rsisvixen
01-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Running late, will only get there after 2ish.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Food is all ready.

Coasting
01-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Come on guys. Where are you all!!!
Dont make me eat all the food on my own.

maron6977
01-16-2016, 07:38 PM
Be there 5-5:30 . Hopefully people will still be there !!!

Majik
01-16-2016, 07:55 PM
We will be there in about an hour or so. See you guys soon!

Majik
01-17-2016, 02:01 AM
Thanks for having us over. Was great to meet you all!

rsisvixen
01-17-2016, 02:02 AM
Thanks for hosting Anthony

Excellent food and company, nice meeting everyone.:party:

Coasting
01-17-2016, 03:07 AM
I cant believe I was there for 7 hours! That was breakfast lunch and dinner! I'm stuffed!
Thanks for hosting Anthony.
And I will see some of you guys again in a few days! ;) You can come pet the snake!

The Guy
01-17-2016, 03:58 AM
I cant believe I was there for 7 hours! That was breakfast lunch and dinner! I'm stuffed!
Thanks for hosting Anthony.
And I will see some of you guys again in a few days! ;) You can come pet the snake!

Ya the food was great Anthony I really enjoyed it, thanks again for hosting the get together.
Hey Gina is there a muzzle for the snake? :wink: JK!!!

Coasting
01-17-2016, 04:31 AM
Hey Gina is there a muzzle for the snake? :wink: JK!!!

Aww Laurie, he's just a big 6ft 10lb puddy cat!!!
You should join in on the group buy then when you come pick your coral up you can meet him!!! :mrgreen:
I wonder if I can get Anthony to hold him then we can post the photo in here :lol:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-17-2016, 04:39 AM
Aww Laurie, he's just a big 6ft 10lb puddy cat!!!
You should join in on the group buy then when you come pick your coral up you can meet him!!! :mrgreen:
I wonder if I can get Anthony to hold him then we can post the photo in here :lol:

Not a problem.

Thanks to everyone who came, hung out, feasted and just contributed to the general good time today. Lots of work but all worth it. Had a blast and even with up to 20 people in here at one point, it was fun and informative. Lots of good "fish" and "coral-talk".

Anthony

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-17-2016, 09:54 PM
Need to give a big thanks to those attendees who donated items for the door prize raffle.

Pinhead - RBTA
rsisvixen - tigger pods
Coasting - gold hammer & pocci
Reeferious - mixed macroalgae

Greatly appreciate your generosity as did the winners. :wink: Always fun to include some prizes in any event:biggrin:

Majik
01-18-2016, 06:00 AM
Need to give a big thanks to those attendees who donated items for the door prize raffle.

Pinhead - RBTA
rsisvixen - tigger pods
Coasting - gold hammer & pocci
Reeferious - mixed macroalgae

Greatly appreciate your generosity as did the winners. :wink: Always fun to include some prizes in any event:biggrin:

Yes, thanks for the great donations! Especially for the red tip! :wink:

Etaloche
01-18-2016, 06:04 AM
Was a lot of fun, thank you for not drawing on my face as I dozed off for a moment haha.
Thank you Anthony for hosting and helping me out with the tank!

The Guy
01-18-2016, 03:36 PM
Was a lot of fun, thank you for not drawing on my face as I dozed off for a moment haha.
Thank you Anthony for hosting and helping me out with the tank!

Anthony is always willing to help out with not only reefing stuff but with everyday general life stuff as well, "examples" hosting and doing all the cooking at this BBQ get together, organizing and going to Powell River to set up Jasper's reef tank to give pleasure to a dying boy. He is in deed one of the good guys and I'm proud to say he's a friend. :yo:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-18-2016, 11:07 PM
Anthony is always willing to help out with not only reefing stuff but with everyday general life stuff as well, "examples" hosting and doing all the cooking at this BBQ get together, organizing and going to Powell River to set up Jasper's reef tank to give pleasure to a dying boy. He is in deed one of the good guys and I'm proud to say he's a friend. :yo:

Awwww, now you're making me blush:redface: You can thank my parents I guess for the way they raised me:wink: And thank you for the kind words. I had a great time at the bbq and doing Jasper's bucketlist tank was my privilege and a great life lesson for Felicia who accompanied me up to Powell River to help with the set up.

e46er
01-19-2016, 03:38 AM
sorry i missed it guys i was looking forward to meeting a bunch of you, I had to work:sad:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-19-2016, 04:00 AM
sorry i missed it guys i was looking forward to meeting a bunch of you, I had to work:sad:

Well, the party ran from noon till 8:30pm so you probably could have attended at some point on Saturday. Oh well. Better luck next time.

Anthony

BobFish
01-19-2016, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the great time, and the gold tip hammer.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-21-2016, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the great time, and the gold tip hammer.

You are most welcome. Happy you had such a good time. See you at the next event.