PDA

View Full Version : Eheim pump failure

Muller
12-26-2015, 09:25 PM
Just had my return Eheim Compact+ 5000 seize up last night. I have it soaking in vinegar at the moment but things are not looking good for the pump. So I am in need of a replacement. Good timing as boxing day is upon us and good deals are to be had. Anyone know of some good online shops that are having some good boxing day sales? I would like to get the same pump as it has treated me very good.
Thanks

Muller
12-26-2015, 10:16 PM
I ordered from Big Als. The pump was on sale, I saved an additional 10% signing up to the newsletter, and i earned another 198 reward points. I have had great service from them in the past.

Myka
12-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Too bad you didn't order from one of our registered vendors. Several of them are having big Boxing Day/Weekend sales.

Muller
12-27-2015, 03:43 AM
I got it cheaper than what the registered vendors were selling for. Not to mention when I tried ordering from a registered vendor a few years back I was told they would not ship to me.
But thank you for noting the registered vendors are having Boxing Day sales.

WarDog
12-27-2015, 03:50 AM
I got it cheaper than what the registered vendors were selling for. Not to mention when I tried ordering from a registered vendor a few years back I was told they would not ship to me.

Cheaper, I don't doubt that. As far as I know, all the vendors here are more than happy to ship anywhere in Canada... it's not like you are in Resolute Bay. Definitely check out the Boxing Day specials. I picked up an Eheim pump today, on special. Granted it was only a Compact 1000, but I saved several dollars.

EDIT - I forgot to ask, how old was it?

Muller
01-04-2016, 03:02 AM
The pump was about 3.5 years old.
I have not had a chance to email Eheim just yet. I hope to get to that this coming week.