View Full Version : Mandarin goby

Portuguesenrg
12-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Looking to ad one to my nano
Anyone in yyc have one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AquaAddict
12-26-2015, 07:45 PM
According to what I have read about Mandarin Gobies, they need a very large tank to support the huge number of live copepods that they need to stay alive - unless you want to buy live food for it.

I have also read they shouldn't eat only frozen even if they will as they will not live as long.

AquaAddict

Aquattro
12-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Ya, minimum 50g for any real chance of success. A 10g isn't going to cut it. Especially as most don't take to frozen.

mihaivapler
12-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Don't buy it in such a small tank,i have one for 2 years now but my tank is 130 gallon and my refugium is almost the size of your tank and still buy from time to time some more pods and dump them in there..for your tank size you will have to constantly buy and dump in the tank at least twice a week..they are gorgeous fish but they come with a challenge

Galizio
12-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Don't buy it in such a small tank,i have one for 2 years now but my tank is 130 gallon and my refugium is almost the size of your tank and still buy from time to time some more pods and dump them in there..for your tank size you will have to constantly buy and dump in the tank at least twice a week..they are gorgeous fish but they come with a challenge

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-26-2015, 08:57 PM
Even a much, much larger tank (if its not full of pods) is unsuitable for keeping a mandarin alive. I added one to my 90g wide sump but the rocks and macro in there is just teeming with live pods and mysis shrimp.

Anthony

Reeferamir1
12-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Mine is doing well in a 75 gal. Does not like or care for anything but live pods. So make sure your tank is stablished before getting one. Awesome fish though :) best of luck